What's Your Case Slip Joint of Choice?

This thread reminded me of how much I like the chestnut jigged bone medium stockman but I don’t have one hmm

How did you decide which Case was best for you?

I want to get one, and I like the Texas Jack, the Peanut, and the Mini Trapper.

I want it to be < 3" and CV steel and that's all the parameters I have. I just want it to be easy to carry no matter what the occasion. I keep looking through the online stores and one of these days I'm going to get one.

Which Case slip joint do you have and why do you like it?
Unfortunately for the wallet, I decided which Case was best for me by trying several.
If you have the opportunity to handle the ones you are interested in, that would be advantageous in the selection process. All of your preliminary choices are excellent.
Of the three I prefer the Texas Jack by a slim margin but only after rounding the bolster's corners a tad. The mini-trapper is near perfect in size, blade selection and ergonomics right out of the box and is the one I'd recommend for those reason, as a persons first Case knife. The peanut is somewhat small for my tastes for one's only EDC. Choose a knife you like the looks of and feels good. If it's a Case just be sure it's bone handled. :)

3O8ZNwH.jpg

Top to Bottom; tea bathed Amber Jigged Bone Texas Jack, Roger's Jigged Bone Mini-Trapper, Modified Jigging Delrin Peanut

Last edited:
Unfortunately for the wallet, I decided which Case was best for me by trying several.
If you have the opportunity to handle the ones you are interested in, that would be advantageous in the selection process. All of your preliminary choices are excellent.
Of the three I prefer the Texas Jack by a slim margin but only after rounding the bolster's corners a tad. The mini-trapper is near perfect in size, blade selection and ergonomics right out of the box and is the one I'd recommend for those reason, as a persons first Case knife. The peanut is somewhat small for my tastes for one's only EDC. Choose a knife you like the looks of and feels good. If it's a Case just be sure it's bone handled. :)

3O8ZNwH.jpg

Top to Bottom; tea bathed Amber Jigged Bone Texas Jack, Roger's Jigged Bone Mini-Trapper, Modified Jigging Delrin Peanut
I like the way you rounded the corners on your Texas Jack, it's just right. :cool::thumbsup:

I finally succumbed to the Tribal Lock. I rarely carry single blades (other than my lambfoot), but the Zulu spear makes a lot of sense if I do, a very utilitarian design. I ordered the dark blue barehead with the red shield, a real looker!

Excellent choice, my friend.

3O8ZNwH.jpg

I had to do the same thing to my medium stockman. I couldn't stand the pokie corners of the squared off bolsters. It didn't take much to get it to feel good with a little 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

As an aside, the Tribal lock is a sensational knife. A very, very well executed design. Totally underrated, IMHO. It's on the large side for EDC, but pocket carries much easier than I thought it would. Ergonomics are sensational. Blade shape is soooooooo good. Thinly ground too.

ixcn5TWh.jpg

I finally succumbed to the Tribal Lock. I rarely carry single blades (other than my lambfoot), but the Zulu spear makes a lot of sense if I do, a very utilitarian design. I ordered the dark blue barehead with the red shield, a real looker!

I recently picked up a Tribal Lock and am really liking this knife. The blade is a great design, as Jeff and Buzz said. A great compromise between a full bellied knife and a straight blade, thinly ground. Does most everything.

I've got my eye out for the Stag Tribal Spear Collaboration knife from a few years back. I think I'd have a hard time kicking it out of my pocket.

Case really did a nice job on these.
9tP7LMS.jpg

I'm looking for one of these now!
f5lEcyq.jpg

3O8ZNwH.jpg

Absolutely love the tea bathed amber jigged bone.

My Tribal Lock arrived today, and this is me . . . :D Oops! :cool:
Perfect centering, perfect lockup, easy but not loose disengagement, gorgeous bone, good grinds, domed pins, tight throughout.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! :p

VivOU8j.jpg

aWdq2Lo.jpg

Very nice!!! The Tribal Lock is a heck of a pattern. It seems to fill that same niche for me as the GEC #43. “Largish” utility folder, for a traditional. The usefulness of the blade is really off the charts.

My Tribal Lock arrived today, and this is me . . . :D Oops! :cool:
Perfect centering, perfect lockup, easy but not loose disengagement, gorgeous bone, good grinds, domed pins, tight throughout.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! :p

VivOU8j.jpg

aWdq2Lo.jpg

Jeff, the Stockman Society is having an emergency meeting to discuss this straying off the reservation that you seem to be committing! That is a beautiful knife - the only of Case’s modern colors I love as much as the old colors is their Blue Bone. Very, very nice! BB

Back