What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

D7EE2D8A-5A48-4074-81AC-C453CFF0EA3C.jpegThis past couple weeks I have been carrying my Hold Out III again.
It really is a totally solid little knife.

It is so light I hardly feel like I have a knife on me.
I like to carry it in my back pocket sometimes as a second knife.

The blade shape is great for pokey stuff like putting zip ties through netting and it still has enough belly to do sweeping cuts.

View attachment 1668551This past couple weeks I have been carrying my Hold Out III again.
It really is a totally solid little knife.

It is so light I hardly feel like I have a knife on me.
I like to carry it in my back pocket sometimes as a second knife.

The blade shape is great for pokey stuff like putting zip ties through netting and it still has enough belly to do sweeping cuts.
I agree that it is a solid knife. I ve been carrying mine in the bottom of my pocket as a second carry knife for the last 6-8 months. And doing 90% of my cutting with it. It s a great little workhorse.

I agree that it is a solid knife. I ve been carrying mine in the bottom of my pocket as a second carry knife for the last 6-8 months. And doing 90% of my cutting with it. It s a great little workhorse.
It is just so light and slim that it really doesn’t feel like I even have a knife on me is a nice thing.

The HO III is one of Cold Steels best designs and that is really saying a lot as they have some really well thought out knives.

Yeah I've got too many knives. The only problem is I got to pick between my knives or my wife. I'm going to miss her
My wife more or less looked at my knives/axes etc with a perplexed stink eye. Kind of a puzzled or bemused tolerance. Of all things, it was the tv show "forged in Fire" that made her see that a wide swath of ordinary rational people in society enjoy cutting tools. We actually enjoy watching the show together. Now she doesn't bat an eye at the three folders and one small fixed blade sitting on the table beside my recliner, at this moment. The toys on that table get switched out from two plastic tubs at a moments whim, or use need. I have a Resilience coming in right now. I already had one from years ago, but always wanted a totally black version.

My wife doesn't see things quite the way yours does I guess. She doesn't get mad she just has bewildered whenever I buy another knife. I keep telling her I want that new model 500 shotgun from Mossberg but I'm getting the evil eye you may say. Women you can't live with them and you can't live with them. I bet your wife has told you this one, what are you going to do with another knife? you only have two hands. I just tell her because I liked it. I'm not taking anything away from the bills or household to buy a knife so it's no big deal. Now if I can only talk her into that shotgun I'll have it made. And she's not liberal that's the surprising part. She just don't want no guns in the house I guess.

Today I'll be carrying my cold steel Tanto neck knife. I feel like a light day. Tomorrow who knows maybe a voyager is tomorrow

Aus10 as well, it's holding up fine here, I did oil it though a few times. That sucks that's happening to ya..shouldn't with the coating on it.

Aus10 as well, it's holding up fine here, I did oil it though a few times. That sucks that's happening to ya..shouldn't with the coating on it.
Believe it or not I prefer aus-8 a it doesn't matter though I beat the snots out of it.

Last edited:
I'm hoisting the Dark Knight-version today:

X2WOqD4h.jpg

XGaHHKIh.jpg

My wife doesn't see things quite the way yours does I guess. She doesn't get mad she just has bewildered whenever I buy another knife. I keep telling her I want that new model 500 shotgun from Mossberg but I'm getting the evil eye you may say. Women you can't live with them and you can't live with them. I bet your wife has told you this one, what are you going to do with another knife? you only have two hands. I just tell her because I liked it. I'm not taking anything away from the bills or household to buy a knife so it's no big deal. Now if I can only talk her into that shotgun I'll have it made. And she's not liberal that's the surprising part. She just don't want no guns in the house I guess.
I went through the same thing with metal detectors and associated shovels. Why do I need 4 metal detectors etc. I also buy Lesche (Predator) shovels and hand diggers. She didn't get why a $9.99 Walmart shovel didn't work. well.... because it's a ten dollar piece of crap that will bend into spaghetti in five minutes. I found that using the analogy to her of buying shoes and purses gave her some clarity, lol.

Back