What's your favorite Air Gun?

sooo... what's your favorite air gun?

Mine is a Crosman 1377 with a carbine stock and I'm getting an RB grips bumblebee yellow superpumper grip for Christmas. :)

just wait until the 1377 is finished!

I have one, too. for hiking carbines they are great. The final mods later this winter will include CB customs breech and bolts and new barrels- both will be converted to .22 and should put out ~550fps at ten pumps.

but man, I want an rws 850 in .22

aha, piccies!

airguns.JPG

top is Sierra's 1377

Next is the cut down 760 pumpmaster that Leif uses. I cut the stock down and put a wooden butt on, then cut down the barrel to fix the balance, it's 12 inches. The sights are spot welded, so I put a new post for the front sight on the barrel band.

Third is my 1377 carbine, and bottom is Jessica's 2250

I use to have that same crossman on the top! I know a few squirrels that are glad I don't have it anymore!

I want a Gamo Whisper badly!

pumpers can be pretty quiet. I haven't had a chance to fire a whisper yet, but Gamo is doing some very interesting stuff with the shotshells and suppressors.

Excellent choice on those 1377's. I learned how to shoot with my dad's 1377 with the same grip/stock and my red rider bb gun! And I diddn't shoot my eye out!

the 1377 is THE most powerful pump pistol- and you can get remanufactured ones for $35, but it's only $50 or so new. add $20 for the sotck and it's a tack driving varmint hunting carbine.

There's a HUGE custom market for these. RB grips does stocks, wider pumper grips, all sorts of stuff. I've been talking with CB customs to do the metal breech, extended bolts, and put on 14 inch recrowned barrels. .177 or .22 is available. Even then, with a fully custom job you are probably under $200, which is pretty sweet.

pic00004ij2.jpg

pic00002ky7.jpg

Here’s mine, :thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

…it’s been modded a bit since these photos. :D

"If you're not living on the edge, …you're taking up too much space."

Big Mike

I've had an Izzy 46M pistol (sold), Beeman P3 pistol (sold), RWS 45 rifle I bought in '82 (great rifle, sold), RWS 34 .177 (current rifle), Marksman 2004 (current pistol, just as nice as P3) and QB78 .22 (current rifle). I like(ed) them all. Powder burners have their place but for basements or back yard sniping the air rifle is king.
Don

I've looked at the QB78. I'm off of springers for myself except maybe possibly a kodiak at some point. With what can be done with the 1377 base for hunting pumpers (I mean, you can flat top the valve and put a 20 inch barrel on and get 600fps out of a .22) I think the only ways I wanna go are a benjamin 392 (steroidized) or an RWS850 with the modified refillable airsource bottles.

Sounds like you know what you want. I'd like to get a Benjamin Discovery myself. So many choices and not enough coin. I'm back into a knife kick at this time and am interested in your handiwork. You do a great job. Hope to buy one soon.

the discovery is on my list as a possible. I think that with the airsource mod, the 850 can become a hand fillable pcp, and that would work for me. But the discovery can be had with all the bits and no customization. I confess that the magazine is the main thing about the RWS 850 that turns me on.

What kind of knife are you looking at? I've got a few not listed right now but none of the leuku pattern bushcrafters for another couple weeks. Need to get photos of the little tiger maple bird and trout up soon.

I`ve still got my old Crossman 140 .22 pump rifle that I bought when I was 15 (I`m 55 now).

I've still got my daisy that I got on my 12th birthday. It is is rough shape but still kicks a BB out the front (I'm 56 but still a kid). Christof, I'm not sure what I am interested in. I, like many on here buy knives because we like them, not because we need them. I need to see pics and prices of whatever is available and then I'd know if that is the one or not. No hurry, I am looking all the time.

the 140 is a sweet gun. I've considered getting one on the used market

I'm really thinking about getting leif a daisy- the pumpmaster is still a touch rough for him to use on his own, but I think he could handle the smallest daisy, and if needed I can extend the lever for better leverage.

Man, I shortened my 760 like you did for my youngest son. It is so cool, I was having as much fun with it as him today! Thanks for the inspiration!

I have plans to order a 1377 very soon. I enjoy plinking with em. Cheap entertainment, and nice critter guns.

sawed off airguns :D

oh, yeah- get the 1399 stock from somewhere (pyramydair has them), too. Really fun to shoot that way.

Last edited:
Back