what's your favorite axis lock and why?

I've heard so many good things about the axis locks, i'll probably pick one up eventually. So which is everyone's favorite?

------------------
Pete Jenkins
Lefties unite!

My 720, cuz it's the only one I got!
biggrin.gif

Also I like the smooth action, solid lock-up and it's easier to close than a linerlock. Strong clip and sits well in my pocket. My only beef is the lint that collects in the lock.

Dale.

------------------
Dale C. Tipert aka 'wyrm'
Learn. Apply. Share.
Visit Knifeforums

[This message has been edited by wyrm (edited 04-11-2001).]

Benchmade 940.

It says in your signature that you're a lefty. If you're a lefty, you'll love the Axis locks. The axis lock is completely ambidextrous and you can move the pocket clip to the other side on most models. (I'm right handed though)

Chang

940 for me too! Light in the pocket and will do just about anything that a folding knife should do. I have three, two were of poor quality and one is a keeper.

My 710 is by far the best production knife I've seen. I'm getting a 770 soon, and I've played around with that one and really liked it too.

My blue 940. Why? Because its the only one I have.
frown.gif
Someday I'll get the 710, but this 940 is just so sweet.
smile.gif

Blades

I like my 710. I think the design is best overall for an all-around carry/defense knife. Feels great in the hand.

I'll second Blades and his blue 940! Love it.
Why?
Well, it's a great looking knife, it's light, handy, big enough for most tasks, strong, rock solid, and did I mention how great it looks? Also has the best fit/finish I've seen from BM-excellent.
My other favorite is the 710 for when a "heavy-duty" beater is called for.

The 720 is a great working knife, but it is not set up for left handed clip carry for some odd reason.

I like the 710 with aluminium scales.

I like the 940, for the same reasons that everyone else seems to like it. The knife is light, good ergonomics, locks up solid, and looks good. I also like the unique blade shape. Furthermore, though I know it wasn't designed for skinning, mine has done pretty well on some deer and wild hogs.

I have changed my mind on this topic a bunch of times. I've owned the 710,720,770,940,and a 705. I have just recently sold all of them but my 710. I just couldn't part with this one. It has to be my favorite. I didn't like the blade shape of the 720. I thought that the 705 was to fat and to small. I didn't like the 940 at all, I don't really know why I just didn't like it. The 770 was also to small and I didn't think it was that solid. I do however like the 710 because it has a comfortable handle and a good blade shape for all types of cutting jobs.

For light utility - 940.

For anything you can think of - 710hs.
The 710hs is the best all-around knife I own. If I could only get one Axis, this would definitely be it.

------------------
Jason aka medusaoblongata
-----------------------
"Is not giving a need? Is not receiving mercy?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
"Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get you talked about." - Lazarus Long
"Knowledge is not made for understanding; it is made for cutting." - Michel Foucault

Pete,

I like the 940 best; it just seems to be the right size to me.

I like your signature line.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rick Gray - Left Handers Unite

Thanks to everyone that replied, i'll probably end up getting a 940 although i like the carbon fiber on the 770, I dunno though, i don't really like the handle shape on the 770 that much. Well, i think it'll be a jr. executive from running dog before i can afford one, but we'll see. Keep the replies coming.
smile.gif

------------------
Pete Jenkins
Lefties unite!

Pete,

The clip on the 770 isn't reversable for Left Handers.
frown.gif

------------------
Rick Gray - Left Handers Unite

I currently own a 710, 720, 705, and 730. I've realized now that my favorite is the 710. It is just an ideal all-around knife that is very comfortable and strong. Perfect blade shape. Mine came with a perfect sharp edge out of the box. The handle is so ergonomic.
Jim

They are all good in my opinion. If I had to choose one only though it would be the 940 hands down. Why? I like the way it looks and the fact that it simply feels like an extension of my hand, perfectly balanced. It also is a great tool and EDC for 'my' purposes.
The ones I have are all perfect in fit and finish. Sharpest BM's I've gotten right out of the box, all have been sharp bot these were SHARP; scapel sharp.
My .02 worth & opinions only.

------------------
teacher

My vote goes for the 710.Feels good in the hand,I like the tip up carry,the ratio of blade to handle is good.Good strong work knife.Good Good good Good Good knife....I like it.A LOT.

Back