What's your favorite Bushcraft blade right now?

It's still probably my Booshway that see's the most bush time. More than capable of trap making and camp craft and yet still has enough heft for chopping and splitting !

p9270007.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2010-09-27

p8100006.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2010-08-10

I picked up this used Wohlwend scandi bushcrafter recently.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's been getting a lot of use. It's sharp and easy to keep that way. At just under 1/8", it's not too thick and doesn't get hung up when carving wood like some custom scandis and wood-lore clones I've handled. It glides through wood in a very Mora-like fashion, but it's beefier like a wood-lore.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's been getting a lot of use. It's sharp and easy to keep that way. At just under 1/8", it's not too thick and doesn't get hung up when carving wood like some custom scandis and wood-lore clones I've handled. It glides through wood in a very Mora-like fashion, but it's beefier like a wood-lore.

That's a nice one, what are the specs ?

attachment.php

attachment.php

How sharp was yours when you got it? Out of all the customs I have bought my compact bushcrafter of Marks was the sharpest knife I have bought to date. Nice looking blade!

My favourite bushcraft knife is the Mike Lummio designed BCNW-O1 from Bushcraft Northwest (pictured below with Bloodwood scales). I've always loved Mora knives and the BCNW-O1 is like a Mora knife on steroids.
BloodwoodBCNW-O1sheath.jpg

Here's another shot of it along with it's Bamboo handled twin.
BCNW-O1pair1.jpg

Damn those are nice looking blades. I have looked at them for awhile. Might have to get one.

Its a toss up between BRKT Liten Bror and my Aurora. But really I get all excited about Machete's these days. Its a spring time thing for me, time to chop stuff

Cabin062210003-1.jpg

MacheteTesting2025.jpg

How sharp was yours when you got it? Out of all the customs I have bought my compact bushcrafter of Marks was the sharpest knife I have bought to date. Nice looking blade!

attachment.php

Thanks for asking. I'm sure if I bought this directly from Mark it would have been plenty sharp, but I bought it used and there were some minor edge issues.

If you look at the picture you can see some degradation of the edge around, what I guess I'd call, it's carving sweet spot. It wasn't horrible, but certainly a little rough and while it cut cut hanging printer paper, it got hung up on news print when I was first checking out. When I did a quick test on wood, it also wasn't working the way one would expect.

I first tried stropping it out on the belt sander with the leather belt, but that didn't work well enough, so I took it to the wet stones. After a bit of work, it is now has a nice zero degree scandi edge and is cutting like a laser. :thumbup:

Glad to see the Spyderco getting some love from people. I remember how so many panned it originally.

This is the one I've been using a lot lately

ap4.jpg

Back