Whats your favorite civivi?

So far the brass Elementum is my favorite. Second was probably the Plethiros, although I eventually moved that one along because it overlapped a bit too much in some ways with other knives I prefer.

I was nonplussed by the Dogma; I've handled the Baklash and the Bullmastiff, but don't like the steel on either of them.

I've got my eye on the Exarch, Vexer, and S35VN Elementum (when they come back in stock in jade G10!). The brass Baklash has been pretty tempting as well.

4ZWgzc7.jpg

I’ve really enjoyed my Damascus McKenna. I’ve been waiting for them to do a version with wood or micarta scales so I can do a blade swap. The brass and copper versions look cool but almost double the weight.

Can’t seem to post an image either directly or thru imgur, weird

Last edited:
I really like the Naja. I have two, and I take them apart and mix up the parts occasionally. It has a very folding-mini-smatchet kind of feel to its shape, and it's a great cutter being thin at the edge and having plenty of belly. This is the one I use currently, mostly the black/black/damascus version but with the orange/gold/plain version's backspacer):

Ppgz2Ow.jpg

nkIg5Yj.jpg

Whats wrong with D2? So you have to keep it oiled....is that hard?
Nope, it’s not hard. In fact, from the couple knives I have sharpened that were made overseas, the D2 was a bit soft, and edge retention suffered because of it.

Reactions: DMG
Nope, it’s not hard. In fact, from the couple knives I have sharpened that were made overseas, the D2 was a bit soft, and edge retention suffered because of it.
Pretty sure most of them are 9cr rather than d2.

Easily the Praxis. I really like the Baklash too.
I was a little disappointed that the blue Baklash doesn't have colored liners. I like the gold liners on the tan version. The purple/Damascus version is really awesome. It has black liners/hardware.
I wonder if the Damascus is real or it is 9cr, or D2 with a fancy acid/laser etch? It looks great but is pretty light in color. Real Damascus knives used to start at $100?
rfGaGCfCRGSkDhlSpf0i_3.jpg
CIVC803Bnt.jpg
c803ds-2-8-_1587814151_1200x1200_ft_90.jpg

Last edited:
Back