Whats your favorite civivi?

Asticus in Natural Jade Green G10.

View attachment 1434328
I really want something around 3.75" in natural G-10. Maybe they will offer it with the Baklash one day.
I have a discontinued Kershaw Echelon. After about 8 years it started rusting a little between the pivot, and the scale. I could see it through the natural G-10. The pivot just spins, so I flooded it with gun oil, and worked it in, opening, and closing. It seems to have mostly gone away.
th

Tough one. The Shredder is incredibly thin behind the edge, like a straight razor. The Baklash and Praxis are both sturdier but also extremely slicey. Overall I think I’d have to give it to the McKenna. Such a clever little knife! Fun and utilitarian at the same time.

I just ordered a CIVIVI Asticus in Damascus. I have a Chronic, Incite and Mastodon, all in Damascus. All are nice knives with nothing wrong with any of them. CIVIVI is knocking it out of the park.

In a recent post I asked about a quality flipper for under $50 several people recommended a Civivi - a brand I had never heard of before.

So I started looking into their offerings and fell in love with the looks of the Baklash Damascus (see photo below)...although after seeing the Rustic Gent it may be my new love!

Just wondering if anyone has found a new favorite Civivi since this post began? Do you still believe Civivi offers some of the best knives for the money?

TripleB67

CIVC801DS_1.jpg

In a recent post I asked about a quality flipper for under $50 several people recommended a Civivi - a brand I had never heard of before.

So I started looking into their offerings and fell in love with the looks of the Baklash Damascus (see photo below)...although after seeing the Rustic Gent it may be my new love!

Just wondering if anyone has found a new favorite Civivi since this post began? Do you still believe Civivi offers some of the best knives for the money?

TripleB67

CIVC801DS_1.jpg
Funny you should post that one! I caved and picked up a Damascus baklash. Very good stuff! The Damascus sharpens like 9cr18mov, takes a very fine edge with just a bit of stropping. Very sexy knife!

I don't have any WE product as yet , but the Governor and Incite interest me for the longer blades .

Decent Damascus at such a price is also attractive (pun intended) .

Several Civivi's are among my favourites, here are a few;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

but the longest lasting one is this one;

But that orange Trailblazer is catching up quick ;)
G2

I like my Wyvern.

but the longest lasting one is this one;

G2

I have a new favorite:
My Damascus Cuibourtia Wood Pintail!
View attachment 1487399

Just awesome guys, way better looking than any website photos. These are looking better and better all the time, and so affordable too.

WOW...those are a lot of beauties!!!

I see you have an incredible (beautiful) collection so I have a quick question (I actually put this in a separate post too): can you compare the G2 blade to the Damascus blade (which I've seen is a 9CR18MOV)?

Just trying to determine if the extra $40 is worth it for the different steel and the beauty of the Damascus.

Thank you...and again, incredible looking knives!!!

TripleB67

Thanks, while some have flown the coop a couple are sticking around a while longer, one is currently up for sale but probably placed in the wrong category...:(
All of them are very well made.
G2

Back