What's your favorite concealed carry gun?

The glock 43 might be worth a look. Single stack 9mm.

Glocks don't feel the best in my hand, but reliability, function ability is there. I shoot them well. Plus being able to use other G mags are a plus. Easy to strip and mod also.

I carry either my Glock 22, or Ruger SP101 in .357. Both get carried inside waistband.

I can get away with the full size Glock .40 with just a t-shirt when I put it a little in front of the right hip. It is not super comfy, though.

The Ruger LC9 is much more comfy and concealable. So is a single stack Kahr 9, and a handful of others.

But I carries what I gots!

This one....

fc8lz6.jpg

In this leather....

10p3gxl.jpg

Unless I'm out hiking or dirt biking in the desert, then it's a Shield or Glock.

Glocks don't feel the best in my hand, but reliability, function ability is there. I shoot them well. Plus being able to use other G mags are a plus. Easy to strip and mod also.

Since it is a new design the glock 43 won't actually work with the other glock magazines. People wanted a thinner glock so they made it a single stack.
G43-G26.jpg

As usual with glocks you'll want a good rigid (kydex or similar) holster that covers the trigger area fully. You don't want anything getting in there or pushing through worn leather and causing an accidental discharge. It has happened.

The g19 is nice if you can take the size.

I know they are used but buy a police trade In glock. They are far cheaper than retail, round count will bw fairly low depending on the department, usually come with spare mags and night sights, and before they are turned in they go back to Glock to be refurbished. There is literaly no downside if you don't care about the dings and scratches.

As much as I love my semi autos when I go for a conceal carry gun I almost always grab my Ruger LCR in .357 Mag. I find a little lightweight snub nose much easier to conceal and easier to quickly draw & fire. They do make a 9mm LCR now too. I did however buy a S&W Bodyguard 380 a couple weeks ago and it has been seeing some carry lately but I won't fully trust it until I get a few hundred rounds or more through it.

For the last dozen or so years, I've concealed and open carried the same handgun though I mostly just OC the last few years. Four inch K Frame. A S&W M13. I prefer the .357 Mag cartridge.

S%2526W%2520M13.JPG

Before that it was my modded MU.S. Property marked Ithaca M1911A1 from 1943. If not the .357 Mag cartridge, I'd still be carrying the .45 ACP.

M1911A1.JPG

PICK THE CARTRIDGE FIRST, then the firearm chambered for it.

Last edited:
I've carried IWB for years. Gov't 1911's, and Colt Combat Commanders for a long time,but I've been carrying a Glock 36 that I did some work on for the last 9-10 years.

If you are going to carry IWB, a quality holster is a must. It will make a huge difference in comfort and deployment. All of my holsters have an FBI cant.

Can't beat a 1911 in a Milt Sparks summer special, a Glock 23 in a Galco 2nd amendment (it'll fit), or a J-frame just about anywhere.

Interesting, what brand is that?

It's a North American Arms Mini. Looks like .22LR. Like this one....

10qmfrn.jpg

2eat1qx.jpg

I actually dropped mine in a front pocket often before it was "augmented". I called it back-up, but in reality was more novelty than anything (to me). Very fun to show off, and a great party conversation starter. [emoji41]. With .22 Shorts, or primer only rounds, it's also a lot of fun to shoot in the basement, into an inexpensive 22 trap (can be found at Wally's or pretty much any sporting big box). With Anguilla primer only rounds, not any louder than a cap gun. But can be had in .22 wmr also, which can pack a lethal punch if placed right.

As much as I love my semi autos when I go for a conceal carry gun I almost always grab my Ruger LCR in .357 Mag. I find a little lightweight snub nose much easier to conceal and easier to quickly draw & fire. They do make a 9mm LCR now too. I did however buy a S&W Bodyguard 380 a couple weeks ago and it has been seeing some carry lately but I won't fully trust it until I get a few hundred rounds or more through it.

You reminded me that I have grabbed my LCR .357 (w/ CT grip) many times also when traveling. I think the LCR's are great little guns and can easily be concealed. Although full house loads are a bit of a handful. Pretty much only practice with 38's. Would really like to pick up one of their "x" versions because I like hammers. But think the LCR's were executed quite well.

I really don't like Ruger's LCP's much, but not because of reliability, just doesn't work with my hands. No matter what my level of concealment is, still prefer a little more grip

My favorite is a Ruger SP101 .327 Mag with a Simply Rugged pancake holster. It's 6 rounds of red hot 100 grain nastiness. It's light, and it carry easy.

That said, I carry a Ruger LCP with a Hogue rubber slip on grip. It's THE one that goes in my pocket, without any fanfare, every single day. It goes bang every time, and if it's up to the counter, robbery underway, omigodwhatwillido, it'll get the dirty deeds done.

G26 but mainly a Ruger LC9S Pro in a Remora holster. The difference in width is huge to me. The most comfortable gun/holster IWB combo I've ever worn.

I think I got it down to three.lol
1) glock 43
2) kahr pm9
3) ruger lc9

I chose these for the thinness, compact, reliability. I believe the pm9 is the smallest. I like thin knives, easy to carry,
I figure I'd be feeling the same way with a handgun.

I know at the range I go to the have the 43, and the lc9 available to rent, not sure about the pm9.
Still not definite with my choices, lol

The glock wins in terms of accessories, spare parts, and general support. Price too. You could almost get a glock 43 and a glock 19 for the price* of the Kahr. Then you would have a whole 9mm glock family. :)

... Go to the range and see what works for you. Wear your tightest, least concealment friendly outfit when you go. You don't want to have to dress around the gun.

*Unless I am wrong, I didn't do that thorough of a price check. :p

Since you've already got a Glock 17, I'd go for the Glock 26.

Personally I bounce between a Glock 23, Glock 27, S&W J-frame, and a S&W Shield.

With the cooler weather, and the nights getting darker earlier, I'll have the 23 on me the majority of the time. Shield in an ankle holster as well.

Don't count out a S&W 642 (or any Jframe), they fit anywhere. I have a Sp101 in 9mm ( moon clips, & discontinued), but my J-frames are a lot more pocketable especially hammerless models.
Yep good gun to carry the 442/642 models, light weight and if called upon to do so you can shoot it from inside the pocket of your coat or pants. I gave mine to my daughter and now have a 640 pro model with the nite sights. I carry a glock 29-10mm on my hip now though mostly and it shoots very flat with around 700 foot pounds of energy shooting certain Underwood ammo loads. I have 10rds of 10 if needed.

Back