Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

Picked up my M&P Bodyguard yesterday. I wanted a pocket piece and I liked the M&P better than the little Ruger.

I read that thing about the rocks...they won't need a holster they can carry them in their heads.

For those of you who pocket carry your guns, where do you carry your clip on knives? Left pocket? How about the spare magazine?

You know John, I have quit buying pocket knives, where the blade of it points up to the clip! If it points down away from clip, those are great! All knife companies should adopt this practice with their knife making! It's a safety thing! All those blades eventually kind of get lose in the body of the knife! I almost sliced one of my fingers open with a knife just like that! It would have been a nasty one too! Later

ft

I traded mine off when the Glock 43 became easier to find. Mine was the basic one, grey grips and no night sights.

I think one of mine is a Glock model #40, 10mm, I think that's the model #, darn, I'll have to look! The woman has been telling me I don't even remember what I have, I guess she might be right but, I'm not telling her that! Haaaaaa!!!!!!

ft

I know gun prices are down, but that is insulting.

What was the "magic" number you had in mind?

I don't know where you live but, I guess I'm in the wrong place! Gun prices are going sky high around me, and that doesn't count what is happening now with the school kids marching! You watch, they'll going up as these state and local authorities adopt a bunch of really stupid laws! I figure all this stuff is the schools fault, they should have fixed the security after the first big thing when down but, they are the ones that have sat around and done nothing!

Last edited:
If you are asking me what my guns are costing me now? Before all this crap about the guns killing people took place, that was what four or five weeks ago? Guns are up in my area of the south at least a third, and rising! There going to make guns untouchable price wise, and you watch Ammo is going to start disappearing too! We are in a war for our rights now, and sinking fast! People don't want to believe it but, it's coming!

FT

I've been wanting a lightweight .38 again. I had a 637, didn't like how the hammer would bite the web of my hand when it recoiled, so I got rid of it.
I rented a 638 a few weeks ago, loved it, so I got one. Put 100 rounds through it this morning, and really enjoyed shooting it.

J-frames are great. They're not the "women's" gun a lot of gunstore counter commandos tout them to be. And depending on the ammo used, they can be "work".
But I love shooting my 642. It always reminds me to focus on the fundimentals. I've suprised several people with how accurate it is (if i'm doing my job).

J-frames are great. They're not the "women's" gun a lot of gunstore counter commandos tout them to be. And depending on the ammo used, they can be "work".
But I love shooting my 642. It always reminds me to focus on the fundimentals. I've suprised several people with how accurate it is (if i'm doing my job).
I got the wife a 442. It was to snappy for her wrist so now its my pocket pistol.

I agree, my 642 sees as much carry time as any handgun I own. I still have my old model 36 with pinned barrel and recessed cylinder but prefer the hammerless 642.

I've been carrying the 638 exclusively every day for the last few weeks. I use a Sticky pocket holster, and it just disappears in my front pocket.
I use the tagua sticky pocket holster for my sw 442. I want one of mr grizzles lined suede pocket holsters

Taurus PT111 DA only, you get used to the long pull but I feel a lot better about keepin' one in the pipe call the time, although not a great CC pistol it makes a helluva a gun, the S&W 1911 series 9mm pistols, the poor man's army colt. ;)

If I wanted dependability to survive with, gimme my Ruger .22 standard aka the legendary MK1

I've been carrying the 638 exclusively every day for the last few weeks. I use a Sticky pocket holster, and it just disappears in my front pocket.
My 638 is my most carried CCW by far. Loaded with a variety of Hornady Critical Defense ammo and outfitted with Barami Hip Grips.

I have a bunch of j-frame holsters but use a Galco horsehide or Uncle Mike's pocket "el cheapo" most often. Back up ammo carried in Bianchi speed strips.

Every once in a while, I'll switch it up to a 351PD in 22 mag, giving me a couple extra shots, but usually the extra power of the 38 special is a good idea.

My 638 is my most carried CCW by far. Loaded with a variety of Hornady Critical Defense ammo and outfitted with Barami Hip Grips.

I have a bunch of j-frame holsters but use a Galco horsehide or Uncle Mike's pocket "el cheapo" most often. Back up ammo carried in Bianchi speed strips.

Every once in a while, I'll switch it up to a 351PD in 22 mag, giving me a couple extra shots, but usually the extra power of the 38 special is a good idea.
At home I keep two HKS speedloaders on my nightstand, when out and about I carry two Bianchi speedstrips. I also have a Taurus 85, so I'm a fan of small revolvers.
That's a funny thing, my first handgun was a Ruger Standard.22, my second was a Colt Combat Commander .45, and it wasn't until I bought my third handgun that I got a revolver, a Smith & Wesson Highway Patrolman .357.

Back