What's Your Favorite Grind??

abey67

Gold Member
So after collecting knives most of my life, less than ayear ago I purchased my first Busse and have bought seven since:eek::D. I can see why everyone loves these knives. My question to all of you bacon lovers: What's your favorite grind and why? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, Busse does great with a convex, and I also like that style grind because I find maintaining it is very easy, especially with INFI!

I also really like the versatility of a saber grind for batoning, plus it looks really cool and allows for a nice spot to slap those logos! ;)

I like a high saber grind. I like FFG for slicier tasks. I haven't had a convex ground knife yet but really only prefer that on my axes. It's just easier for me to maintain a V-shaped bevel.

Convex does seem a little more forgiving, especially since INFI responds so well to strop blocks...

ZERO convex on the Basic 8 LE is my favorite...that model was a gift from the gods! Hahaha, a gift Will, Stumpy, et. al. had to beg for...but a gift nonetheless!

Full Flat is nice, too.

I'm not crazy about the super deep dish hollow.

But there's not a good/bad grind with Busse-- just different. It's a "horses for courses" sort of thing.

I'm not crazy about the super deep dish hollow.

I haven't followed busse & kin long enough but I wan't sure I've seen one with a hollow grind, maybe the Kris has one? I have recently started appreciating the shallow hollow grind that creates a bit of straight side behind the edge with the curve higher up the blade. It's seems something like a ffg and scandi grind mixture kind of feel when carving into wood. Not sure how that would hold up to batoning but I think if something could hold up that that type of abuse it would be a busse heat treat.

I'm going to say Old School and go with the Asymmetrical edge and full height grind, They work wonderfully together. :D

For me it’s full flat grind and then high saber grind next convex.

I've always liked the convex myself but just got a HB8 in flat grind and I'm really liking it also. I won't get to put it to the test for another couple of weeks. I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas!

I like a FFG for general use – it works and I like the way it looks.

I do like a hollow ground blade for slicing meat, like the Busse Steak Knife – at .090" thick and hollow ground, it is a super slicer!

Back