What's Your Favorite SOG Bowie Style Knife? Question About these Knives Please.

I will, especially since I just picked up (on a trade) a Kimber Stainless Classic .45 (first model, no firing pin lock.) Shoots 2 1/2 groups at 25 yards with ME shooting two handed... and Winchester 230 JHPs to boot! It's a good companion set.

Had some issues uploading the pictures but anyways as you can see I am a big fan of the SOG Bowie and all of it's configurations and knockoffs! I own or have owned many of these and just love them. If I had to rank them I would say the SOG Tech I is my favorite because of the oversized and grippy handle. My second choice is the SOG Trident S2 because of it's pure beauty and comfortable handle.
56CAEF76-2832-4654-B546-293550B34FD9.jpegThe Tigershark is a serious beast

My absolute favorite was the Gov tac. I wish I could get another was stolen some years ago. The other was the seal team I wish I would've jumped on one when I had the chance. For now my seal pup elite still gets good use and works well for my needs

I liked my Government Recon knife (pic from http://www.sogknivescollectors.com/recon-government-s21.php) Though the bluing wore off quickly, the blade material, SK5 took a great edge and held it. The blade was not to wedgie to slice and I was very positive about the pommel. Sometimes you need to tap something flat, and your knife is the only tool available. The handle was comfortable, no finger grooves that do not fit my hand.

sog-recon-government-45-deg-up-left-main-bryanlierdahl.jpg

I liked it enough, when the stainless model came out, I got that. https://temp.sogknivescollectors.com/theknives/government-s13/

sog-government-main-whole-knife-view-longbeachguy_bladeforums.jpg-nggid03224-ngg0dyn-600x450x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.jpg

For 440A, it takes a very good edge. Always wondered why these knives dropped out of production, they were very useful designs.

The Government knives ended when SOG ended their OEM contracts with Kinryu in Seki in 2004.
They evolved into the Gov-Tac line when Taiwan production started in 2005.

My favorite Sog Brand is the S2, but my favorite favorite brand of SOG style knife is Bark River or a custom by Allen Blade.

Where can I get the last version of the seal team the one with the pommel coming through the hamdle

Where can I get the last version of the seal team the one with the pommel coming through the hamdle
They pop up on ebay. Often for insane prices like around $275-$300. But I’ve kept checking over the past couple years and managed to get two around $80 each, and one for $25. The deals happen once in a blue moon, but you have to keep checking. And keep an eye out here on the exchange.

They pop up on ebay. Often for insane prices like around $275-$300. But I’ve kept checking over the past couple years and managed to get two around $80 each, and one for $25. The deals happen once in a blue moon, but you have to keep checking. And keep an eye out here on the exchange.
Wow, prices have shot up!

Hey all,

For the longest time I have admired the SOG Bowies. i'm mainly talking about these:

1. Super Bowie
2. TECH Bowie
3. Trident 2.0
4. DEMO
5. Bowie 2.0

I think these Bowies are just beautiful. I have wanted one for the longest time, just never got around to buying one for myself. I guess I never really could justify spending the money on something I would just put in a drawer and not use. Nothing wrong with that, but I would spend the knife money on a firearm or fishing gear, binos, stuff like that.

I'd like to hear what you all think of them. Do you use them out in the field or are you more of a collector? How about some pics of your SOG Bowies? I'd like to see some pics of these in some great leather sheaths, maybe on your belt opposite a beautiful Ruger Blackhawk or S&W 629 all set for a day of chasing hogs or any other legal game.

Have a good weekend.
Larry
Hi Larry,

SK-5 S1 & Tigershark ex aequo for me.
Also just made this aquisition (same than this one , old shiner Ti finish , Mint condition) SOG Super Bowie.
Cannot resist the curves...
1638207834-2921.jpeg

NOT me or my knife but its exactly the same batch from 2006.
CHECK THIS OUT YOUTUBE VIDEO :

Last edited:
Back