What's your favorite Swiss army knife? POLL!

What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

• Other Victorinox model (please specify in your reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Wenger model (please specify in your reply)

• Victorinox Cadet

• Victorinox Camper

• Victorinox Classic SD

• Victorinox Climber

• Victorinox Hiker

• Victorinox One Hand Trekker

• Victorinox Soldier (111mm)

• Victorinox (91mm alox)

• Victorinox Spartan

• Victorinox SwissChamp

• Victorinox Tinker

• What's a Swiss army knife?

• Total voters
I expected a few more votes also. Actually, I probably should have put in a vote for Wenger since the Victorinox Soldier (one of my votes) is nearly the same as the Wenger Standard Issue and I sometimes alternate between the two.

Your comment about the confiscated knives is interesting but it may or may not reflect what people would choose as their favorite - mostly it is just an indication of what they carry. People often buy and use whatever's on sale or more reasonably priced. This may also partially explain the prevalence of the relatively inexpensive 2-layer models.

True, especially people who are not knife people buy a knive that they think can do the job and that is not too expensive. Probably that's also a reason that I find a lot of SAKs in such boxes and never a Fällkniven or Sebenza. :) And I also realise that those people don't vote on a poll on this forum. It was just something I noted.

The Tinker actually knocked all the multi-tools off the belt. Doesn't make sense to carry around weak pliers that rarely come in handy. Tinker has that little flat head I always misplace and am left fumbling around in the toolbag after. I'd like to try a locksmith, but it has the wrong kind of file, and what do I need a wood saw for?

the winner in my books is the mechanic. the pliers have never let me down and they have a million and one uses

P1050117.jpg

I change my mind. I have 4 now. A sportsman, Hiker, Farmer , and OHT. My favorite is the Hiker.

Mines the Tinker. I really like the tools it has and how simple it is. I never really liked the thicker models ex: swiss champ because they are pretty thick in the pocket and i don't like carrying my swiss army knives in sheaths. the tinker is just the rite size for me to put in my pocket and it has all of the basic tools that I like to have on me: Assorted Screw Drivers, Blades, bottle and can openers, tweezers, and the reamer is good too i guess ;)

victorinox-tinker-red-01-800x600.jpg

I voted for the Climber because that is the one that rides shotgun with me every day.

I really like the Farmer and the Huntsman - they just don't get enough pocket time.

I carry both a XLT and a Farmer everyday. Perhaps odd, but it works for me. I plan on trying a Workchamp XL soon. I own a XXLT but find it too large, but I sure do like it. It will be getting a XAVT as a companion within the next 2-3 months.

Victorinox Bantam Alox.

Also own Alox Farmer, Alox Pioneer and regular Cadet.

Still like the Bantam the best because it's always with me.

Came in real handy during the holidays opening toy packages for the nieces and nephews.

Well the one that I EDC is the Compact due to its size and relative light weight but I would say overall my favorite is the original 1961 version Alox Soldier model.

Alox Farmer for me, I EDC it.

But the PE OHT, Swisstool Spirit X (if that counts), Hiker, Tinker, and Spartan aren't far behind.

Back