What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

I like a bunch of them, but my favorites are my Explorer Plus, and my Swiss Champ (both w/older magnifying glass). I try to like the Explorer more, but there are times when nothing less than the Swiss Champ will do:). Usually in the office I carry my Explorer Plus in my pocket, and leave the SC in the car. In the field, the SC is on my belt.

Last edited:
My edc is the swishflash (the one with the USB flash drive). Whoever thought of it was brilliant, I use it everyday for school and work (knife+usb).

I was ready to pick up the farmer but I ran across the pioneer harvester, pretty much the same thing but rocks a pruning blade instead of a can opener. It looks like it's great for cutting and opening things.

V53953.jpg

Anyone know if these are offered in different colors? I can only find silver.

Swiss champ,in my go to work lunch bag.The Swiss tinker always rides in my right front pocket.

My edc is the swishflash (the one with the USB flash drive). Whoever thought of it was brilliant, I use it everyday for school and work (knife+usb).

I was ready to pick up the farmer but I ran across the pioneer harvester, pretty much the same thing but rocks a pruning blade instead of a can opener. It looks like it's great for cutting and opening things.

Anyone know if these are offered in different colors? I can only find silver.

You might be able to find one of these in Red with the old style cross, but they're a long time out of production. Right now I don't think there is any choice other than the silver.

Depends on what is meant by favorite. There are three I like equally well: Swisschamp, Tinker and Rambler. Call it trips. Each one suits me so well in its size category that I couldn't really choose any of them as a "favorite." If we are doing "if you can only have one," then Swisschamp.

You might be able to find one of these in Red with the old style cross, but they're a long time out of production. Right now I don't think there is any choice other than the silver.

That's the second time I've heard that! Thanks, I'll keep an eye out...:thumbup:

I like to many to pick one. The Bundeswehr like above rides in my hunting bag. I really like the Spartan due to the corkscrew. Works out well parties, boating, picnics, etc. I loaned out my Spartan at the pool last night - I'm shoping for a replacement. I also have a "Spartan" with the fold out light which is real handy traveling (it lives in my dock kit).

My favorites are the Alox series though. The alox seem much sturdier than the standard model, heavier blades and tools. I just wish they had one with a corksrew. The wife is a big wine drinker.

The Tinker has usually been my favorite and most carried, but my Wenger EvoGrip 18 is catching up to it... :)

CIMG7237.jpg

Right now my favorite SAK is the Red Pioneer my girlfriend bought me for Christmas last year. It's strong, thin, and works well for most of the chores I use it for.

Right now it's a Farmer for non work days , and an Electrician Plus for work .
I dont know if the Spirit X counts as a SAK , but it's getting a pile of carry time too !

Chris

Victorinox Huntsman covers all my needs :)

Victorinox Huntsman.jpg

I wish it had aluminum scales though.

For years I was never without my black Tinker.
Now I am never without a OH Trekker. I have a few in rotation- my oldest (a serrated), a PE and the "German Army" version as pictured in Buck_Fan's sig line.

Good stuff! :thumbup:

Back