What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

I own a soldier, farmer, electrician plus, green cadet, hiker (came with garderner knife) and tinker. I like them ALL. But mostly I carry the tinker, I've used the tweezers on a number of occasions and my wife has used the toothpick. Opened many bottles of beer with the opener! The blades cut very well and are very easy to get a razor edge on them.

Vinny

i don't remember the proper name for it but i use a swiss army knife that has cigar scissors in it...

I've been carrying the Farmer/Executive combo since Father's Day. It is working out VERY WELL. Almost perfect. The only vital thing that I feel to be missing is a true phillips screwdriver.

Two suggestions: exchange your Executive for a Rambler, which has a neat little ph screwdriver, or simply add the Rambler to your keychain. It is certainly small enough to not be of much concern for EDC.

There is the most favorite SAK and than there is one that if I could only have one, that's the one I would have and finally the one that I carry the most often.
First one is Forester, secend one is Swisschamp (with the pliers), third are Explorer and Midnite MiniChamp.
I own eleven SAKs at this moment ( with more to come) and in the future this has a chance to change.
I love them all.

For a travelin' knife, it's hard to beat a Compact. I have been carrying one for about a week, and have used just about every tool on it, except the hook, and I have used the fingernail file that's on the back of that.

It's a two layer knife that's slender and pocketable, and I recommend it highly.

I like slim, simple knives -- so the Rally and Waiter are my choices. They don't do a lot, but that's ok with me.

I've downsized in my sak's from what I used to carry.

These days my favorites are the slim one layer like bantam and waiters, with the two layer recruit carried now and then. But no matter what sak is n my pocket, my classic SD is aways on my keyring with a fast release hook. I use it the most. It does most of what I really have to do.

Having carried and used several different SAKs over the last couple of years, at this point I have settled on the Hiker model. I used to EDC the Tinker, but the Hiker has the great feature of the saw. It is small enough to fit comfortably in my front pocket and has almost all the tools I need. I am constantly using it to fix various things or assist me in projects around the ranch.

In order...

Climber
Farmer
Outdoorsman
Outrider
Rucksack

All Victorinox.

What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

Here's mine:

techline.jpg

The original Soldier and Classic SD are also favorites.

I'm changing my favorite to the Soldier (alox). :D

My favourite is:
Victorinox (old ) Soldier Alox

and 2nd favourite is tie with:
Victorinox Pioneer Solo Silver Alox and Victorinox Finlandia Birdie (a regular Vic SD with Clear blue Sapphire scales with Finlandia Lion printed in Silver )

Pioneer Solo is sturdy, amazingly light, no BS knife with most important features you basicly need: A large knife. SD is small and has all you need: Small knife, nail file, scissors, tooth pick and tweezers.

Huntsman. Used to be a Pioneer comboed with a Classic on the keychain. My 10 year old daughter now EDC's the Classic and I need the tweezers and toothpick daily it seems. The only tool I don't use regularly on the Huntsman is the saw but it's nice to know it's there if needed.

Let's see I have MANY SAKs. Including 2 red farmers,a blue farmer and a silver farmer. Oh and a scibeer made greenish HAIII one that is my current edc. That makes five farmers so I would say that makes it my favorite. Also have 4 pioneers and three soldiers. My other edc,especially in cooler weather is a Swiss Champ,of which I own three;red,green and hardwood. When I carry the farmer I like to back it up with either a small sak lke the classic/rambler for the scissors and small knife blade and tweezers/toothpick,nailfile. But I have started carrying instead a Leatherman squirt s4 for the scissors/tweezers/small blade/nail file and especially the small screw driver that works on most glasses screws. Its a touch wider than what Victorinox has for its corkscrew driver,but seems to work. Haven't found a similar sized sak that has the eyeglass sized driver.

Locking: Hunter...
VN-53642.jpg

Standard size: Explorer Plus...
VN-53792.gif

Small: Manager...
53232_l.jpg

ALOX: Cadet...
53042.jpg

The Manager stays on my keychain, so the need for scissors is already fulfilled and leaves me open to other designs. I really like the Hunter, and I haven't seen it in use much or heard a lot about it. It seems to be one of the "sleeper" models. Large locking blade, small serrated hook blade, tweezers, toothpick, reamer, corkscrew (add Victorinox' micro screwdriver to it), combination can opener / bottle opener / wire stripper / screwdriver, and wood saw. All without much bulk at all. I wish they'd make a higher-grade steel (maybe 154CM or even AUS-8) and a pocket clip; then it would be perfect.

Yep,the Cadets are great I own a red one. My only reason for not carrying it daily is that its a little tough to get a working grip on. I find the Pioneer and Farmer size perfect for me. Plus the nail file tool isn't needed as I pair a Pioneer/Farmer with a small sak/leatherman. And the awl is very useful to have. But I still find myself drawn to the display of them at the local Target. Red,silver,green,black cadets. Cheap too. Must resist urge to buy more Saks!

Victorinox Huntsman.

Just perfect for EDC, because it has all the tools I will ever need on a day-to-day basis while remaining slim and light enough to be carried conveniently.

I have a midnight manager on my keyring that come handy and a classic SD on my work-keys. I do like the engraved electrican my wife gave me for weddingpresent and I have a new favorit the moneyclip witch I use the clip for ataching to a pocket. If I could have only one it would be the classic SD witch I had for aprox 20 years replasing a lost one I carried 10 years before that.

Bosse

If I could have only one it would be the classic SD witch I had for aprox 20 years replasing a lost one I carried 10 years before that.

Bosse

Ah, a fellow classic enthusiast. Those little classic SD's have a way of being very useful, don't they?!:thumbup:

As far as 58mm keychain SAK's go , I prefer the Rambler . Much more usefull than the Classic , no real differance in portability . The baby , magnetic Phillips / bottle opener can be very handy .

Chris

Back