whats your favorite way to carry your SAK?

I grew up appreciating the value of any and all possessions...take care of them, and they will always take care of you. I see no reason to not take reasonable precautions with my knives, and prefer to protect them when carrying, as opposed to just throwing them in a pocket full of coin, nuts, bolts, whatever. I carry all my knives using a pocket sheath...

In EDC I only use my silver Alox models (usually a Cadet, Pioneer, or Farmer), so just put in my front pocket with whatever else may be there. The silver models don't seem to scratch much. When I carry my colored Alox', I make sure there's no keys or coins in the same pocket. Alnamvet68, I like that sheath. I might have to give that a try and then I'll carry the pretty ones more often!

I grew up appreciating the value of any and all possessions...take care of them, and they will always take care of you. I see no reason to not take reasonable precautions with my knives, and prefer to protect them when carrying, as opposed to just throwing them in a pocket full of coin, nuts, bolts, whatever. I carry all my knives using a pocket sheath...

I'm myself am very similar in that regard, here's what I've been using recently (see pics). I also have a Victorinox Cordura Belt Sheath on it's way as well.

Although I have no right to tell SwissBianco what to do and how to run their business model , could I be so rude as to make a suggestion :)
Maybe they could add a simple leather pocket slip to their list of items they offer .
I'm sure many would purchase a quality slip to protect their new SwissBianco knife at the same time as the knife purchase .
It would add yet another layer of quality and pride of ownership to an already great product , and end up being as collectible as the knives themselves .
I suppose I'm biased , because of my interest in hobby leatherwork , but what do others , and SwissBianco themselves think of this idea ?

Ken

I'm myself am very similar in that regard, here's what I've been using recently (see pics). I also have a Victorinox Cordura Belt Sheath on it's way as well.

Do you know if that sheath will hold a Cybertool 34 and a Swisschamp? I am looking for a belt one myself for the larger sak's.

Thx.

Last edited:
I use a small Nite-Ize clip to dangle it LFP. It makes it easy to unclip from the knife when you need to use the tools closest to the split ring.

My mindset is that this is the only way to fly for Victorinox.

Vicvtorinox Zermatt.

21T5aZhgmiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Decided to try out one of these, and I am pleased with it...

I thought you insisted they were chintzy made Chinese items per the packaging you saw and that you couldn't recommend them. Their country of origin is, indeed, the USA, and they are great considering you can find them inexpensively (less than $10). I paid $7.50 for the last one I bought. Glad you saw your way around it.

Last edited:
I thought you insisted they were chintzy made Chinese items per the packaging you saw and that you couldn't recommend them. Their country of origin is, indeed, the USA, and they are great considering you can find them inexpensively (less than $10). I paid $7.50 for the last one I bought. Glad you saw your way around it.

My box says Made in Portuguese Angola. Gee, I hope the Swiss aren't outsourcing their products.:eek::D

As a side, what I saw at my LGS was what I saw at the gun show yesterday, a no-name pouch wrapped in cheap plastic wrap with a small Made in China sticker on the back of the pouch. At first glance, it looked like the Vic pouch, but on further inspection, it was obviously a counterfeit.

How do they make it for that price , man that's cheap .
I would personally turn it into a project and modify it .
Pull the cheap stitching , while its in two pieces line the inside with leather to make the knife fit better and to protect the knife from the back of the snap fastener which I can guarantee isn't covered and will mark the knife over time . Then contact glue it back together and stitch it up with heavier quality thread .
What's the belt loop look like , can we see a pic of the back of the sheath ?
A belt sheath with flap and fastener is very secure , very quick to access , protects the knife , frees up pocket space and is just the around best way to carry a folder of any kind , and that includes 93 mm SAK's . The smaller Cadet is the only SAK I have that doesn't have a sheath of some kind and never will .
I hopefully will have a Kydex neck sheath ( like SAK guy shows pictures of over on the Multitool forum ) soon for my Farmers and can't wait to give that a try , so I'm not biased to leather , just sheaths in general :)

Ken

My box says Made in Portuguese Angola. Gee, I hope the Swiss aren't outsourcing their products.:eek::D

As a side, what I saw at my LGS was what I saw at the gun show yesterday, a no-name pouch wrapped in cheap plastic wrap with a small Made in China sticker on the back of the pouch. At first glance, it looked like the Vic pouch, but on further inspection, it was obviously a counterfeit.

Here's the response I received from Victorinox (and I really don't believe they lied to me):

Victorinox Swiss Army Customer Service Inquiry
Sent By:
Sent By Victorinox Consumer Support On:Oct 10/15/14 8:36 AM
To: To bill xxxxxx
Reply to: Reply to Victorinox Consumer Support
"Victorinox Consumer...

Dear William Xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Victorinox Swiss Army.

The country of origin of our leather Zermatt pouches is the United States.

Please contact us if you need further assistance.

To review the status of your ticket, or if you have any further questions, comments, or problems, please visit the following web address:

http://

Sincerely,

Victorinox Swiss Army Customer Service

=========== previous message(s) ===========
On 2014/10/14 03:54:53 wrote:

What is the country of origin of Victorinox's leather Zermatt pouches?

Thank you much.

Bill Xxxxxx

I find it odd yours was marked Made in Portuguese Angola as that nation became the Republic of Angola ~40 years ago when it gained it's independence and began a 27 year long civil war. As an aside, I'd avoid any gun shops selling counterfeits of anything.

Last edited:
Here's the response I received from Victorinox (and I really don't believe they lied to me):

Victorinox Swiss Army Customer Service Inquiry
Sent By:
Sent By Victorinox Consumer Support On:Oct 10/15/14 8:36 AM
To: To bill xxxxxx
Reply to: Reply to Victorinox Consumer Support
"Victorinox Consumer...

Dear William Xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Victorinox Swiss Army.

The country of origin of our leather Zermatt pouches is the United States.

Please contact us if you need further assistance.

To review the status of your ticket, or if you have any further questions, comments, or problems, please visit the following web address:

http://

Sincerely,

Victorinox Swiss Army Customer Service

=========== previous message(s) ===========
On 2014/10/14 03:54:53 wrote:

What is the country of origin of Victorinox's leather Zermatt pouches?

Thank you much.

Bill Xxxxxx

I find it odd yours was marked Made in Portuguese Angola as that nation became the Republic of Angola ~40 years ago when it gained it's independence and began a 27 year long civil war. As an aside, I'd avoid any gun shops selling counterfeits of anything.

You know, I was curious if anyone would get the joke, or had a modicum of training in history. Good catch leg, but I was being facetious.:D

I use a small Nite-Ize clip to dangle it LFP. It makes it easy to unclip from the knife when you need to use the tools closest to the split ring.

I also use the Nite-Ize S biner for my SAK's that have the split ring. It works great and dangles the knife from the nearest belt loop in the pocket just out of sight.

I always liked SAK knives but never liked the way they would lay across the bottom of my pocket . So I seldom carried one and usually had a knife with a pocket clip in my pocket . That is UNTILL recently when I found these little clips like ragnerok and a couple of others here showed . Now my Pioneer or Farmer hangs right along the side of my pocket like it had a pocket clip . Ragnerok , nice Busse Skeleton Key too ;)

P1070553_zps6f471ebe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back