What's your latest SAK?

I really like the yellow Don't tread on my scales. I almost ordered one myself when I first saw them. Might still one of these days...
Jim

Wenger zermatt

District1-20120820-00287.jpg

Actually, I can post the pics he sent me. They will be better than anything I can do. Hope he doesn't mind.

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

What are you having made?

Nice! :thumbup:

Modified farmer like yours, but with the combo tool (from Compact) and small sheepsfoot blade (from Electrician) instead of the cap lifter and can opener. Red or blue scales, whatever he has on hand at the time (prefer blue). I was going to have him make me a soldier from the remaining parts, but then I was getting over my budget.

Later, I'm going to get one with the small spearpoint blade and scissors. :thumbup:

Awesome. I'm calling mine a woodcrafter. I wanted something with lots of blades and wood tools. This is for sitting out on the porch and whittling. I've lost or broken all of my whittlers over the years so this is a replacement for them.

WilliamKnife1.jpg

The main blade is pretty stiff from the factory but, after lots of use and a couple thousand openings it is a lot easier to open with 1 hand. Since this thing gets used camping and backpacking a lot , I figured a bright orange/yellow paracord fob would help me find the black handle if it ever gets misplaced in the woods! Overall, I'm very happy with this knife!

Awesome. I'm calling mine a woodcrafter. I wanted something with lots of blades and wood tools. This is for sitting out on the porch and whittling. I've lost or broken all of my whittlers over the years so this is a replacement for them.

Looks like it should fill that role well :thumbup: I decided to go with the sheepsfoot blade to add a little more whittling capability to mine. I would have wanted something pointier (more wharncliffe) and I'll have to figure out if I want to keep the curved wire stripping part, but I think it'll serve pretty well regardless. I have several options for the curved stripper part: leave it sharp, dull it and use it as a choil, or grind the whole blade to eliminate it and make one longer edged sheepsfoot blade. Maybe I can grind a little of the top to make it a little more wharncliffe, as long as I leave the nail nick intact.

Last edited:
I had considered grinding a little off the top of the tip to make it pointier, somewhat like a clip point blade. The only thing I was worried about is ruining the temper in that area. I'll probably just let it alone, I really dont need to stab anything that badly in the woods

My 2 new acquisitions came in the last few days. Got a Gadsden Rambler and a Stayglow Camper. Almost don't want to put the Don't tread on me knives in my pockets since they're so cool! Boy have I got the Victorinox bug, keep thinking about adding more layers which leads to "why not just get the Champ."
P8120001.jpg

P8140006.jpg

P8140007.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't help but get one of them toolbox SAKs so I opted for the Craftsman, not quite as large as the champ but has most of the better tools.
P8190013.jpg

P8190022.jpg

P8190015.jpg

It's next to my super tinker which I also went ahead and got plus scales for, wanted that pen. :)

Now to consider a tinker deluxe or mechanic... :eek:

--Oh, and the metal saw or file on the craftsman seems too thick. Sure it will last longer and be more durable, but I do believe hack saws are quite a bit thinner.:nonchalance:

Last edited:
Just got a nib red Scientist yesterday! Awesome 2 layer Sak. I love the philips screwdrivers that are installed on the top of the swiss amry knives and that extended from the end of the handle in stead of the middle of the bottom. Great knife!

This guy will be on its way to me soon :D :D :D Syph007 just finished the build for me, two nights after receipt of the original donor SAKs! :eek::thumbup::)

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

Donors:
c2a1aeb9.jpg

Next on list:
-Same but with small spear-point blade instead of combo tool
-Same but with scissors and small spear-point blade (if there's room)
-Same but with scissors and combo tool

:D

Last edited:
Back