What's your latest Schrade? END DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now the proud owner of this mint, NIB, never stored in it's sheath, never sharpened Sharpfinger.:D
new sharpfinger.jpg
It arrived today and hopefully someday I'll get to use it. SWMBO seems to think that it is the perfect knife for her so I may not.:rolleyes:

I am now the proud owner of this mint, NIB, never stored in it's sheath, never sharpened Sharpfinger.:D
View attachment 281544
It arrived today and hopefully someday I'll get to use it. SWMBO seems to think that it is the perfect knife for her so I may not.:rolleyes:

Congrats on the get! SWMBO may be right. A good excuse to get another one!

:D :thumbup:

1987/88 Federal Duck Stamp 2 blade Trapper

Jan2012001-23.jpg

I think Schrade knives look so much more attractive with natural handle material like this wood handled 94OT. It's unused and in it's oak display box with papers for $17.50. Where were you guys ?

123OT a favorite pattern of many of us, i think because it feels 'just right' in-hand. The saw cut Delrin one came with it's original correct sheath. The red handled one must have been an SFO. Nice eh ?

Jan2012004-21.jpg

The 97OT, although short lived, is one of the Very Best and Most Useful of all Schrade Folders. I was able to get these 2 for a very reasonable price, especially for the DU example, as if many bidders didn't recognize it as a Schrade.

Jan2012003-20.jpg

Jan2012002-22.jpg

roland

The 125OT, a liner lock Folding Hunter is another Great Schrade ("Great" as used by Quakers, meaning of ongoing significance even if dead). There are usually a few on ebay, getting an unused one with it's sheath is what to look for. Here are two.

Jan2012006-20.jpg

Jan2012007-12.jpg

Here's an older 2 blade Folding Hunter, Schrade-Walden 225H ("H" = hole). Patinaed, but unused and with "Schrade/Walden" pressed into the original sheath. This one has Delrin handles. Jigged bone examples are 'out there' but i haven't found one yet.

Jan2012008-16.jpg

Here is a single blade Liner Lock Folding Hunter, an Advertising knife for Chicago Cutlery made by Schrade, and marked"Chicago/Cutlery/P22 USA".
This one is a bit rarer with the saber ground Skinner blade. Nice oak handles.

Jan2012005-21.jpg

Schrade made both 1 and 2 blade Folding Hunters for Chicago Cutlery (in the 1980's i think). Some have a 'shield' that is branded into the wood, others have "Chicago Cutlery" branded into the handle, and others like this one have a round brass shield.

Here is a 2 blade Folding Hunter with a saber grind Clip and flat grind Skinner blades, marked only with an etch on the master blade "JC Higgins". Jigged Delrin handles. "JC Higgins" was a Sears brand name for a wide variety of well made sporting goods used from 1908 to 1961. John Higgins, an Irish immigrant, began working for Sears in 1898 and retired as Head Bookkeeper in 1930.

Jan2012012-10.jpg

Jan2012013-10.jpg

The Sears collector i bought this from says it was in the 1960 Sears catalogue. I have asked for a copy of this add if he can find his copy.
The date is significant because i think it is one of the earliest uses of Delrin. I'm hoping Codger will expand/correct about this Delrin/date.

roland

Last edited:
Holy crap Roland! You saved the best for last...:eek:

Nice ones!

Glenn

Really nice additions Roland. You have been busy on the firing line. I have a bone version of the J C higgins 225 so it would be nice to find out date etc.

Russell

Geez Roland and Cal, you're killin' me! VERY NICE!

Eric

just got these two in. one is a 152 OT with GUNS AMMO on the handle. any info on the sfo? and the other one is a 125 OT. like the feel of that one, nice hefty work piece.

Attachments

• 152 OT GUNS AND AMMO 01.jpg
    152 OT GUNS AND AMMO 01.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 152 OT GUNS AND AMMO 02.jpg
    152 OT GUNS AND AMMO 02.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 125 OT 01.jpg
    125 OT 01.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 125 OT 02.jpg
    125 OT 02.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 12
just got these two in. one is a 152 OT with GUNS AMMO on the handle. any info on the sfo?...

They were made for Peterson Publishing beginning in 1976. They used them as a subscription bonus for their Guns & Ammo magazines. Totals I have found are: 1976 - 14,250, 1977 – 6,000. This is nowhere near a complete inventory of the number of pieces produced, but does indicate that more than 20,250 were produced. I have one in the original Peterson shipping box postmarked in 1983 (from Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles). And they are found in the choil retainer sheaths (like yours), later handle retainer strap sheaths (SAS-19 seen illustrated in 1986) and even the pouch style SAS-17 sheaths like my 1983 knife (used mostly '83-'86). Of note also is that they bought a second Schrade fixed blade, the 154OT, as a bonus for their Hunting magazine subscriptions.

ao2xbt.jpg

Last edited:
Schrade Walden 890 pattern, 3.5 inches, ovid hoof and spey secondaries. The yaller cell item has different grinds and a half stop on the clip. Could it be an Ulster?

890001.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my most recent LB7. No box/sheath/papers but in pristine condition. Whaaat, just 'nother ol' LB7 ?

Jan2012007-13.jpg

Jan2012006-21.jpg

This LB7:

Jan2012008-17.jpg

So likely from the first quarter of the first year(1977) of LB7 production.

These Federal Duck Stamp issues are new to me. The wood scales and overall finishing makes this the most attractive 125 i've ever seen.

Jan2012009-13.jpg

Jan2012010-12.jpg

The light is odd today and the reflection washes out the detail, but these handles are truly fine.
The seller called the wood "Concolvo Alvez Hardwood" ? Do you know what this is ?

roland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back