What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

A Heritage second with nice bone.

AEFY3D1.jpg

Schrade did make and sell an 8OT-RB, without a shield.
The white box [they came in] was clearly marked "8OT-RB".
Tang stamp was marked "Schrade U.S.A. 8OT"
medium

Last edited:
KG, I have a green smooth bone 8OT, but it has the Heritage shield.
APXJOeE.jpg

The red bone Heritage second has the Heritage tang stamp, but XX through it.
G0ijoe2.jpg

This is the 34OT's big brother, the 8OT. I have only ever seen two of them.

They were both delivered in late January 2004, with my Anniversary Display.

medium

medium

medium

I’ve never seen one of the 100th Anniversary 8OT’s, didn’t know they even made them.

I’ve never seen one of the 100th Anniversary 8OT’s, didn’t know they even made them.

Here are the three 8OT anniversary knives I've found and I know there's at least one more out there - a limited edition birds eye maple with the 100th blade etch. I've seen a few of them but never in time to buy it before it's gone.

2w6xcfn.jpg

I have all of the above knives. Like the Birds eye maple set, they were all in the pipe-line for 2004.
I do not think, any made it to retail suppliers.
The "ACB" Blue, Rope-cut Bone knives, are hard to find with the etch and shield.
Maybe, all of Anniversary knives were made up from parts, and sold at the last-days auctions.

Schrade had some of their knives mad in China, this Badger is the only one I have seen - It was sent to an Australian retail seller, as a sample... Ken.
medium

medium

medium

Last edited:
I have all of the above knives. Like the Birds eye maple set, they were all in the pipe-line for 2004.
I do not think, any made it to retail suppliers.
The "ACB" Blue, Rope-cut Bone knives, are hard to find with the etch and shield.
Maybe, all of Anniversary knives were made up from parts, and sold at the last-days auctions.

Schrade had some of their knives mad in China, this Badger is the only one I have seen - It was sent to an Australian retail seller, as a sample... Ken.

That badger is in the 2004 catalog but yours is the only one I've seen. I still check every badger I come across - just in case. Nice find - you may have the only one out there. I've got two of the birdseye maple knives but not the 8OT which is the one I really want. Not all that long ago there were lots of 100th anniversary knives floating around but the well seems to have run dry. SP3's and 34OT's must have been first on the list for production because they're the only 2 reliably available - even in sealed clampacks. Here are the ones I've snagged so far, always looking for more..
kb9jbn.jpg

THE SCHRADE LAKE & WALKER KNIVES. "SLW II"

These two knives were made by Schrade, starting in 2001, with the first knife having a serrated blade.
The knife with the non-serrated blade, was sold about 2002-03, and it is the harder of the two knives, to find.
Both blades were stamped "U.S.A." on the tang.
medium

medium

medium

Last edited:
I just scored what I should think is a pretty rare piece of Schrade-related ephemera.

It's an original unused postcard published by Geo. Coddington of Walden, NY of the old Schrade Cut Co factory in Walden. Likely the pic shows the factory in it's then-current condition to guess the age of the postcard. I'm thinking it's more than 100 years old!

4HmFuxo.jpg

jlqhYdW.jpg

I found another post-marked example online and its from 1911. Pretty cool!

NhDZdSj.jpg

Soon to be framed and enjoyed. For a 110 year old loose piece of paper it is in remarkably good condition.

Last edited:
I just scored what I should think is a pretty rare piece of Schrade-related ephemera.

It's an original unused postcard published by Geo. Coddington of Walden, NY of the old Schrade Cut Co factory in Walden. Likely the pic shows the factory in it's then-current condition to guess the age of the postcard. I'm thinking it's more than 100 years old!

4HmFuxo.jpg

jlqhYdW.jpg

I found another post-marked example online and its from 1911. Pretty cool!

NhDZdSj.jpg

Soon to be framed and enjoyed. For a 110 year old loose piece of paper it is in remarkably good condition.

Pretty darned cool!!!

Pretty darned cool!!!

Thanks! I did a little research and it seems the postcard would be a lithograph (printed in printing press) which is why the picture has a grainy texture to it. It is quite an early color photograph (if it is one) or it may have been a colored black-and-white. 1910 was still pretty early in the use of color photograhy but it did exist. I'm sure a photo expert could tell which it is in a heartbeat but I don't really have a clue.

Back