What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

Recently been really in to the 153uh pondered a custom version from a very good maker it was $500+ so I thought hmm you know what how about I send Herman Williams a message and see if he’s got one he’s customized lying around.

He didn’t but he said he’d be in to making me one in 2-3 weeks wasn’t expecting that! I’m very excited.

Now to get a custom sheath for it.

The brown bone showed up in the mailbox today to complete the trio. Not a very good photo but here it is.

115-FCBDA-A135-43-DF-8-C4-E-C22-C0-F0-B329-B.jpg

That's a great family portrait. I'm glad to have sent the red-headed sibling that I had your way.
-Stuart

Reactions: 315
Here are two more Cut Co gent's knives on the way to me now. A "Coca Cola" SFO 2-blade Senator that needs more sleuthing and a 81016Sha pearl lobster. I will add both to Gent's Knife Thread when they are cleaned and scanned.

The Coke knife I snagged for $20.00 on the hopeful assumption that it looks so bad it must be very good. I'm thinking I might find sterling silver under all that tarnish and if not it's still worth what I paid. What do you think? Sterling?

Gzgfg01.jpg

bvi6gpd.jpg

lyqp6B2.jpg

QiSrg3T.jpg

The 81016Sha looks to have some fiery pearl. These were made for less than a decade as they 1st appeared in the 1938 supplement. It doesn't show in 1940 catalog though so maybe only a year or two of production. It is smaller than the more common 3" sleeveboard lobsters at 2-1/2".

5hfB99w.jpg

FGe6jHH.jpg

aLYbgyi.jpg

5k5K7rZ.jpg

April has been very good.

I picked these up at the tulsa wanenmacher arms show.

IMG_4047.jpg
IMG_4048.jpg

I got this on ebay. I can't resist the jr cattles when they have great blades like this one, the bone has patches on the front side but it's perfect to carry around some.

IMG_4049.jpg
IMG_4050.jpg

Last but not least I got this in a trade.

IMG_4051.jpg
IMG_4052.jpg

April has been very good.

I picked these up at the tulsa wanenmacher arms show.

View attachment 1114881
View attachment 1114882

I got this on ebay. I can't resist the jr cattles when they have great blades like this one, the bone has patches on the front side but it's perfect to carry around some.

View attachment 1114883
View attachment 1114884

Last but not least I got this in a trade.

View attachment 1114885
View attachment 1114886

Paul, I never tire of the Schrades you’ve accumulated. Is the top 861 actually bone? In the photo the jigging just looks like it has crisper edges to me.

Even better! Sometimes it is difficult for me to tell in a photo and I’m not familiar enough with tang stamps and aging a knife to know...

It doesn't help that my photos are not high quality, but as a general rule the schrade walden NY stamp with no usa was used from 1946 to about 1953-54 when they started putting usa on the stamp. These early walden stamps will be pre-delrin. The USA stamp was used until 1973 so there are more delrin knives with that stamp than bone. Schrade did not often use peachseed delrin, it was mostly on ulsters line. The peachseed delrin was never quite the same color as the bone, it usually has an amber like hue to it. Bone can range from almost black to various shades of brown and tan and some even with a green hue. Red tinted peachseed was used in the 50's, it's usually a dark red but not always.

The wavy bone I have seen is always red tinted. The jig is the same they used on delrin but the delrin was usually some shade of brown, some with a little red tint but the color between bone and delrin is usually pretty easy to discern. Delrin is very smooth and uniform, it lacks texture that bone has. When you look on the ends and edges of the handle this is where the differences are most evident.

Reactions: 315
I have had a fancy National Parks Service "Ranger Edition" 5OT for a while. Today I landed a natural stag 5OT stamped knife with no shield or etch. Stag on this example matches well. Happy score with sheath included.

OLOwFfd.jpg

DPiUc67.jpg

xDNnG1p.jpg

XsBi2Ji.jpg

0VKDJ45.jpg

1D1A1DD.jpg

Back