What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codger_64

Show 'em up guys! The old (real old) original thread will still appear on forum searches for reference pictures. But let's get this new one going! Did the postman bring you anything this Monday morning or over the weekend? There is no such thing as too many pictures, is there?!

Michael

Calvin,
That Muskrat is a beauty! Thanks for sharing! I love those old ones but never seem to come across any of them.

Dave

Well, this isn't quite my latest, and I'm not even positive it's a Schrade. But the seller said it is, and with the exception of the handle embellishments, it looks like a dead ringer for one Larry has posted in the past.

CIMG3573.jpg

CIMG3571.jpg

OK, THESE are my latest, just recently received from Mr. Williams himself. 123OT, C641, and LB3.

CIMG3575.jpg

Well, this isn't quite my latest, and I'm not even positive it's a Schrade. But the seller said it is, and with the exception of the handle embellishments, it looks like a dead ringer for one Larry has posted in the past.

It may be a Schrade, it may be a Rogers, it may be a Schrade-Rogers lol but I think it's waaay too close to the final collaboration knife. If it's the one I'm thinking of I checked it out really closely when it was available. If it's not yours it was one just like it. I believe this one was touted as being a possible prototype for the final version.

My vote is that it had something to do with Schrade but who knows? Maybe one-of Rogers prototype :thumbup: :thumbup:? Is it possible to contact Richard Rogers and ask him first hand?

Flyer link Schrade Rogers SR01: http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/FLYERS/2000s/pages/SC02-CP213.htm

Real nice trio by H. Williams too Dave. These four are a cut-above for sure.

This is a Schrade I acquired that belonged to my dad. I found it in a box of old stuff. He said i could keep it and add it to my knife collection. I cleaned and oiled it up as best I could. It has some up and down blade play, I don't know if that is common for this model, or just a result of many years of use. Anyways I believe it is an Uncle Henry Model 127 UH.
0c098183.jpg

just won this one and can't wait to see it in person. ask on here if it was real and was told it was. wow, Schrade certainly tried everything to make a buck or two. what year was this offered?

Attachments

• bat and knife 01.jpg
    bat and knife 01.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 160
  • bat and knife 02.jpg
    bat and knife 02.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 163
  • bat and knife 03.jpg
    bat and knife 03.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 133
just won this one and can't wait to see it in person. ask on here if it was real and was told it was. wow, Schrade certainly tried everything to make a buck or two. what year was this offered?

Read the knife. Er... box. I mean bat. The logos. When did they first use the square SCHRADE TOUGH logo? Hint - there is a catalog archive online. Sheesh! n00bs! :D

No, it wasn't a catalogued item that I am aware of. Possibly a SMKW exclusive.

on the price list the only one showing the square box is 2000 but in looking at the logo the closest one to that is 1989? ah the fun of it.

The first of these that I saw was posted here by, I believe, Rich Langston. You could ask him and see if he knows the story on these sets.

Here's my first Razor Blade Stainless knife (825RB). The slim premium stockman is a nice pattern. Packaging says "Schrade Cutlery Corp" and tang is stamped Schrade so I'm thinking post-1973 and pre-1984. Did these originally come with paperwork in the tube or is mine a complete package?

825RB01.jpg

what is interesting to me is the lack of the + after the "Schrade" stamping. guess they didn't need to put that on there since the blade plainly states "Stainless". wonder what year they stopped with the pattern numbers like your "SS825"? another search of the price lists i guess.

The open stock knives were dropped piecemeal until only three remained in the late 1980's, the florist and two samplers. The "+" was not used until some time in the mid to late 1970's, IIRC. From the '60's until then, the "RB" in the pattern name denoted razor blade staimless.

Read the knife. Er... box. I mean bat. The logos. When did they first use the square SCHRADE TOUGH logo? Hint - there is a catalog archive online. Sheesh! n00bs! :D

No, it wasn't a catalogued item that I am aware of. Possibly a SMKW exclusive.

Some N00bs are lifers Michael... this is the catalog... :rolleyes:

Some N00bs are lifers Michael... this is the catalog... :rolleyes:

Well, I am admittedly a n00b myself. I learn something new about Schrade and Schrades daily, often in searching for answers to other folk's questions. ;)

Well, I am admittedly a n00b myself. I learn something new about Schrade and Schrades daily, often in searching for answers to other folk's questions. ;)

Yep, I got my free education right here too, plus on the collectors site and eBay...

okay i had thought i had the whole collection of Herman Williams LB series then he ups and makes an LB 8. i was lucky enough to procure it. thought i would share this art form in the shape of function. added the rest of the gang to show off.

Attachments

• H W LB 8 01.jpg
    H W LB 8 01.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 134
  • H W LB 8 02.jpg
    H W LB 8 02.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 135
  • H W LB 8 03.jpg
    H W LB 8 03.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 126
  • H W LB models.jpg
    H W LB models.jpg