What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Parker-Frost set, made by Schrade in my collection.
It's hard to remember what is in boxes, some times. Ken
medium

Last edited:
Did you put all that use on the knife or are you giving it a chance at a second life? Either way, some history there. I wonder what my 340T would have looked like today if I hadn't lost it about 29 years ago.

I just nabbed this IXL collaboration off the auction site, previously owned by Irv Trachtenberg of Schrade. If any of you knew him, it would be interesting to hear some stories or tidbits about the man. The included note says he was Product Development manager from 1970-'84.

16uYiRm.jpg

6uGdViz.jpg

Jeff, that's a good looking knife. I can make out the "SW" on the bolster, but what is after it?

Jeff, that's a good looking knife. I can make out the "SW" on the bolster, but what is after it?

I'm pretty sure the S and W are for Schrade Wostenholm. The third character is a side profile of a head, and the fourth is a 0. I don't know the meaning of these last two symbols.

fCralDL.jpg

After some further research, I believe the third character, the head profile, is a Sheffield mark, and the fourth character, the 0, is for 1980 mfg. date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back