What's your newest Buck knife

swOyOzu.gif

Trouble with buying online is, it takes so long for the new bauble to arrive that the impulse is still there. I've been on a multi year study to determine the effective strategies for the control and remediation of advanced collecting symptoms. Still no definitive results or advice for other sufferers, but if you would like to help fund this project you can pm me and I'll send you a ppal link :D

Returned from Tennessee last night. Picked up my mail and these two were waiting on me View attachment 1544853
Also went to town and got my first shot View attachment 1544854
Custom 722 with s35vn and G-10 and an orange 110LT:
View attachment 1544855 View attachment 1544856 View attachment 1544857

Not the most subtle, but it should be easy to keep track of :)
View attachment 1544859
Wow! I gotta say I really like the looks of the orange 722. Looks so much better in your pictures versus Buck's 722 custom builder website.

A generous forum member knew I wanted to rehandle a 102 in stacked leather but didn't want to mess up a good knife, so they offered me a 102 they had with a broken handle.
For about the cost of a fast food lunch I got a nice ( all things considered) '86 dated 102, and a bonus flap sheath.
Doesn't belong to the knife but I absolutely love it and it's my first flap sheath, no clue what model it's actually for though.

A generous forum member knew I wanted to rehandle a 102 in stacked leather but didn't want to mess up a good knife, so they offered me a 102 they had with a broken handle.
For about the cost of a fast food lunch I got a nice ( all things considered) '86 dated 102, and a bonus flap sheath.
Doesn't belong to the knife but I absolutely love it and it's my first flap sheath, no clue what model it's actually for though.

nice. 425m steel too. make a very good user. show us the work ya do on it. thanks.

nice. 425m steel too. make a very good user. show us the work ya do on it. thanks.
Will do.

You know what, it driven dawn on me that this was 425m.
It will be interesting to compare in sharpening.
I didn't notice much difference from all my other bucks when sharpening my 705 in 425m though, so I imagine a similar situation here.

The first time I tried stacked leather on a Buck was the 212 and that was a failure.
This should be much more straightforward because I won't be reshaping the fittings, I just really have to perfectly nail down the pin position in the pommel.

I'm almost contemplating using washers with slits so I do have to remove the pommel, but I'm not sure how that would go.

Will do.

You know what, it driven dawn on me that this was 425m.
It will be interesting to compare in sharpening.
I didn't notice much difference from all my other bucks when sharpening my 705 in 425m though, so I imagine a similar situation here.

The first time I tried stacked leather on a Buck was the 212 and that was a failure.
This should be much more straightforward because I won't be reshaping the fittings, I just really have to perfectly nail down the pin position in the pommel.

I'm almost contemplating using washers with slits so I do have to remove the pommel, but I'm not sure how that would go.
I find 425m a bit, as in tiny bit better edge holding. dont have many examples myself in it but do have a couple.

slitted washers. hadn't thought of that. might work if glued with right epoxy or glue. then again might not let ya get them on tight enough to be stable? could always try it if failed cut them off, and try again old fashioned way removing pin. have to think on that one.......

Back