What's your newest Buck knife

Stopped by True Value Hardware for a spray can of marine lubricant. Browsed the Case, Victorinox, and Buck display cases - they still had one Buck 309 Companion from 2014 in the case. No box or Buck card from Chuck but a very snappy little gents knife - they are still out there in retail land, lurking in corners here and there. OH
Buck_309_Companion_-_2014.jpg

212 Fixed Ranger "limited Factory run" just arrived.
jEd8E6vl.jpg

Interesting little knife. Missed out on the previous offerings. Decided to go with the D2 version.
F1EYADFl.jpg

Came with a 105 Sheath which is an improvement over the earlier sheath. If I decide to use/carry it I'll probably make another. Seems like it might be a good option as a EDC fixed blade.
1JVMyEMl.jpg
I will see if a 105 sheath can be shortened to fit. Take stitches out, trim length and welt. Then restitch.

This arrived today.
I was recently given the opportunity to buy this at a very good price,but had some questions about the design.
I posted on here,and DOGPOUND77 replied with outstanding pics which helped me decide.(Thankyou!)
She's only the "Plane Jane" model,but I like the "tool" look.
Did read that some are not impressed with the sheath,I will see how it goes.
(I have a spare Spec-Ops Brand Combat Master Mini that this blade should fit,so I will swap it out if need be,no worries)
I had some concerns with regard to the weight with all that brass,but I am pleased to say these are unfounded!
Cant wait to try her out,may even replace my well loved and much used Randall 25-5!:eek:
Well done Buck!:thumbsup:
(In case anyone asks,Yes I used my 486 to open the parcel.I think this is an unwritten rule isnt it?)
rgO5mWq.jpg

Last edited:
This arrived today.
I was recently given the opportunity to buy this at a very good price,but had some questions about the design.
I posted on here,and DOGPOUND77 replied with outstanding pics which helped me decide.(Thankyou!)
She's only the "Plane Jane" model,but I like the "tool" look.
Did read that some are not impressed with the sheath,I will see how it goes.
(I have a spare Spec-Ops Brand Combat Master Mini that this blade should fit,so I will swap it out if need be,no worries)
I had some concerns with regard to the weight with all that brass,but I am pleased to say these are unfounded!
Cant wait to try her out,may even replace my well loved and much used Randall 25-5!:eek:
Well done Buck!:thumbsup:
(In case anyone asks,Yes I used my 486 to open the parcel.I think this is an unwritten rule isnt it?)
rgO5mWq.jpg
That is a great design.

This one arrived today, a 622 from C&C's last warehouse cleanout drop. Shoulda been more wary of that, but I'll blame it on buck fever or something. Not happy with the grind or the serrations (look like an afterthought to me)... going to try to send it back for a refund.

View attachment 1622634
wow those serrations are not done well at all. id send that one back too and im super tolerant of bad grinds and angles etc. that can't be fixed really. without grinding away much more steel to get those serrations closer to the bevel line. yeah i wouldn't be happy either. hope Jeff of the North Jeff of the North gets a better one..so he doesnt have to send back across the border.

wow those serrations are not done well at all. id send that one back too and im super tolerant of bad grinds and angles etc. that can't be fixed really. without grinding away much more steel to get those serrations closer to the bevel line. yeah i wouldn't be happy either. hope Jeff of the North Jeff of the North gets a better one..so he doesnt have to send back across the border.
Unless it arrives in 2 or more pieces I'll be fine with it. The return shipping would cost more than 50% of the knife anyway.

Last edited:
I don't have many serrated blades but none of the others look like that. And the grind on the reverse side is wide along part and thin in another... I normally let some stuff slide but given the "current climate" I thought returning it was the proper thing to do. Buck (and C&C) both need to know they can't afford to just dump anything on us.
/crotchety geezer off

Back