What's your newest Buck knife

2nd attempt at a 112 Auto. First one was an Elite that I had to return. Figured I just get another after Christmas, well they were OOS until Saturday, received notification in stock, ordered and shipped same day.
This one fit and finish perfect, centering excellent and with the new Ebony scales.
lMEiFin.jpg

With USA sheath
cnXuImp.jpg

Yeah thanks I think I need two more for the set right
not sure? dont know much on those other than they looks good and are kinda hard to find in such good shape from what I've read. I'll let the experts answer ya on that question.

The 1988 catalog shows 5 flavors of BuckSkins: 1) Alligator, 2) Oyster Eel, 3) Burgundy Eel, 4) Peanut Brittle Lizard, and 5) Black Shark. The grain looks a little different on some of yours compared to the catalog, but my best guess is that you have Alligator, Peanut Brittle Lizard, and Black Shark, which leaves the two eel skins.
upload_2019-4-30_9-6-34.png

The 1988 catalog shows 5 flavors of BuckSkins: 1) Alligator, 2) Oyster Eel, 3) Burgundy Eel, 4) Peanut Brittle Lizard, and 5) Black Shark. The grain looks a little different on some of yours compared to the catalog, but my best guess is that you have Alligator, Peanut Brittle Lizard, and Black Shark, which leaves the two eel skins.
View attachment 1120067
What about that burgundy shark it’s in the 1989 catalog do they all have that weird date code

Yeah thanks I think I need two more for the set right
I know you are missing the eel skin for one.
Here's some info from Joe Houser...
"The 529A Buckskins were first introduced in the 1988 catalogue. There were seven variations offered. Alligator-529A1-15000, Oyster Eel-529E1-6500, Burgundy Eel-529E2-7000, Peanut Brittle Lizard-529L1-8000, Black Shark-529S1-9000, Burgundy Shark-529S2-1500, Natural Shark-529S3-1500. 1991 is the last Buck catalogue they appeared in. Prices ranged from about $48 for the alligator to $35 for most of the others."

The double line on the 106 is cool.
What is the secondary material on the 124, thats a nice one.
I like the guard on that also.

Brother David stopped in Ocala on his way to Cindy's Dad's 100th Birthday party and after some pie gifted KathyJo and I this big 931..It's officially the biggest Buck in the house and I got to find something to cut with it!View attachment 1121222
wow 100...full century. hope I get to see that much time. nice cutter there too.....

I went to the store and bought a 'Kentucky Gold ' bonless half ham that will be a great test for Bucks 420 steel on this big chef's knife. I almost cut my thumb 'testing' how sharp it is lol!
What is the official 'grind' on this blade?? I'm not sure what to call it..

Back