What's your newest Buck knife

i-2GSWBDT-L.jpg

Just got this one off theBay. Same 118 I had as a kid. This one has no date code. Just buck 118 USA.
It's in the mail now!

You have to love these old buck knives. Great craftsmanship from day one which they improved upon for years... I've been trying to call my older brother's to see if they still have all my old knives. We always kept most of them at our hunting camp in Pennsylvania... I haven't been up there in quite a few years... Fingers crossed!

Thanks Brhowser87 for the heads up. Makael Makael , your model 124 first showed up in stores wearing that handle material in December 1982.
That configuration continued right on into the year date stamps. I have a 124 like yours with a early year date stamp and a maroon leather sheath. Without digging it out I'll say mine is a 91 or 92. These have the thinner hollow grind and should be 425M steel. They cut very nice.
Good photos. DM

Thanks Brhowser87 for the heads up. Makael Makael , your model 124 first showed up in stores wearing that handle material in December 1982.
That configuration continued right on into the year date stamps. I have a 124 like yours with a early year date stamp and a maroon leather sheath. Without digging it out I'll say mine is a 91 or 92. These have the thinner hollow grind and should be 425M steel. They cut very nice.
Good photos. DM
Thank you David:thumbsup:

My wife found me a second 302 at a garage sale that has spent its life in a tool drawer in an elderly man’s garage. The box is pretty much trashed but the knife is mint.
Sadly, the gentleman suffered from Alzheimer’s and spent several years before being diagnosed buying random stuff and hiding it around the house.

Received 101 And 212 yesterday and ordered 113 Ranger today. Wife says we need new couch before next knife.Guess that’s the last one for now. Total 16.

That was a good run b4 she shut ya down.:D:D. pics when ya have a chance. If it's a real ebony 101 I'd def like to see that one.

Not sure how to tell. Also haven’t figured out how to post pictures yet. Daughter coming over tomorrow I think, maybe she can show me how. Purchased felon C&C directly. Their website said Macassar Ebony Diamondwood. Date on box says 11/17/2016 but knife had anvil figure stamped on it.Also stamped 032 which I guess is the number on that production run. That’s all I know for now.

Not sure how to tell. Also haven’t figured out how to post pictures yet. Daughter coming over tomorrow I think, maybe she can show me how. Purchased felon C&C directly. Their website said Macassar Ebony Diamondwood. Date on box says 11/17/2016 but knife had anvil figure stamped on it.Also stamped 032 which I guess is the number on that production run. That’s all I know for now.
Which knife has the anvil stamp on the tang?

Both the 101 and the 212 had the anvil stamp.The 101 had the production run number on it.

Both the 101 and the 212 had the anvil stamp.The 101 had the production run number on it.

They didn't start the real ebony up again until the very end of 2018. So if the date on the box is correct it's probably Dymondwood (still nice). An easy way to tell is look at the side if the scale and if it's dymondwood you can see the parallel lines of the laminating process.

I think I see those lines your talking about. I”m not a collector and just thought it would be great to have a fixed version of the 110.Very happy with the knife regardless of the type of wood.Thanks for all the info. I”m learning a lot on this website.

Back