What's your newest Buck knife

Mike - Nice little knife. That is a 529 from the buckskin series with I believe peanut brittle lizard (corrected by Tecate)
There was 5 in the series with oyster eel skin, burgundy eel skin, peanut brittle lizard skin, black shark skin, and alligator skin. (As per the 1988 Buck Catalog.) There was possibly others as well.

Last edited:
Buck 110 I rescued from Lowes. It was sitting on the hanger for quite a while and never sold. I kept seeing it every time I would go in there. I seriously think it was an ugly duckling scenario. The hard plastic packaging it came in was yellowing and one of the brass bolsters had some green tarnish on it. The chunky stuff! So I gave in, bought it and brought it home. Sure did polish up nice with some Mothers Mag polish.

I haven't held a 110 for years. I think my grandfathers was the last one and that is now my dads. This thing is a tank. I see a lot of post on people carrying these everyday. That's a manly man that can do that! ;) I'm not that manly so it sits on my desk and I can look at it while I'm on the computer working all day. Till next hunting season! I'm definitely going to put this in my pack come November.

Just got this cool 123 Lakemate.

uhqZNZo.jpg

That's the "Buckskin" series, they come with different exotic leathers/skins on the handles. I have one that has shark skin....I don't know what that date code is though?

I'm waiting for my last 112 before the Blade Show..Drop point, stag, copper frame..

Had my eye open for one of the new ebony handled, standard issue Buck 110 Folding Hunters since I saw the Shot Show video from Buck Knives and the guitar company. Found one at a Gander Outdoors store Tuesday evening after work - only one they had in stock, but it's mine now. This ebony is perfect for my tastes - solid black with no light colored streaks in it (it can vary and Buck included a card in the package to that effect). Of course it locks tight with no play, perfectly centered blade, good working edge - ready to hunt. Heckuva knife for $39.95 plus 6.75% sales tax. OH
Buck-110-ebony-handles-2018-1.jpg

Buck-110-ebony-handles-2018-2.jpg

Buck-110-ebony-handles-2018-3.jpg

15531920890744568710668966794931.jpg I don't usually buy smaller Bucks but I seen this one and put in a bid and won! It's a 526 mirror polished blade etched "Team Day '95 " so I am officially on the Buck team now lol! The leather pouch is a nice touch too. I've only seen a bigger one that came with my club 301. I would guess a small Buck like this will do 90% of EDC chores and because it's so small and easy to carry you can have it with you all the time.

I just found this 2010 Buck 105 at the local knife shop. I've had my 119 for almost 30 years, and several times I've almost bought a 102 to complement it, but then backed out, thinking the 102 was a bit too small for my tastes. I didn't even know the 105 existed (despite it being around for over 50 years)! [Correction: over 70 years.] This one still had a bit of a burr on the edge, I assume from the factory. A few swipes on a 1200 grit DMT and it was ready to go.

47437280571_4333e93952_b.jpg

Last edited:
I found this two dot 110 yesterday, hadn't seen to many that were nice. This one is not bad, I really like the covers and the sheath looked a bit different...so it came home with me. Going to clean it up and see how it looks, these square frames feel good in the hand.
DSC_0220.JPG
I did get this one cleaned up some, does look better, I'm not going to polish the bolsters.
DSC_0232.JPG

Thanks for the link. I know I'll enjoy reading through all 16 pages after I make my post. I put the 105 on my belt today for a walk around the field to check the bluebird houses. Nothing needed cutting but it was fun to carry it for the first time. :)

001.JPG

Have a couple of nest boxes here, waiting for the bluebirds to show up here. Still cold, had rain turn to snow last night. Hope they don't come to early. Neat little birds!

Back