What's your newest Buck knife

Just got home with a 110 in G-10 white scales with s30v black oxide scales. Need to order a different sheath for it since it doesn't have the loop strap. Big difference in Mexico and USA quality. That being said, I'm pumped about the knife!

I feel you on the sheath quality southARbuck. I recently replaced a 110 that I had back in 1984. The 110 was nicer than I remembered but the sheath made with little love or thought and just looked and felt cheap. When I wore it the damn thing road way too high on my hip and kept getting caught on things like seatbelts and shirts. The riveting and stitching were of poor quality and the tool work lacked luster but then again you do get a lot for $60 Bucks. (No pun intended) This Is what I was talking about, Old versus New.
cqhfm7H.jpg
Z92hbRM.jpg

I feel you on the sheath quality southARbuck. I recently replaced a 110 that I had back in 1984. The 110 was nicer than I remembered but the sheath made with little love or thought and just looked and felt cheap. When I wore it the damn thing road way too high on my hip and kept getting caught on things like seatbelts and shirts. The riveting and stitching were of poor quality and the tool work lacked luster but then again you do get a lot for $60 Bucks. (No pun intended) This Is what I was talking about, Old versus New.
cqhfm7H.jpg
Z92hbRM.jpg
Not what I was hoping for... I assume you purchased one like Buck lists on their website?

I got it from a local outdoor sporting goods store on the spur of the moment. I still had the old sheath so I swapped it out and it's way more comfortable to carry. I went to Bucks website but they don't show the backs of the sheath. I assume it's the same one so I'll stick with the vintage one for the comfort of carry and it does have a bit of character with the replaced snap and my initials carved on the back and all.

I got it from a local outdoor sporting goods store on the spur of the moment. I still had the old sheath so I swapped it out and it's way more comfortable to carry. I went to Bucks website but they don't show the backs of the sheath. I assume it's the same one so I'll stick with the vintage one for the comfort of carry and it does have a bit of character with the replaced snap and my initials carved on the back and all.
I think the new USA sheaths have the loop. Just have to wait until inventory out in the market run out and of the flat strap version.
20180914_175340_zpseydtzibg.jpg

I think the new USA sheaths have the loop. Just have to wait until inventory out in the market run out and of the flat strap version.
View attachment 1097188
That ^ looks so much better. I just notice that my new sheath has a tiny little Made in mexico sticker tucked down inside it. My faith in American craftsmanship is restored and I will order a new one in a couple months just to be safe. The Buck I bought was probably sitting in the store for a couple years. Kayaks, fishing, and hunting gear is their big sellers but they sell knives for the convenience of the customer. Thanks for the info guys and thank you all for your service as well.

That ^ looks so much better. I just notice that my new sheath has a tiny little Made in mexico sticker tucked down inside it. My faith in American craftsmanship is restored and I will order a new one in a couple months just to be safe. The Buck I bought was probably sitting in the store for a couple years. Kayaks, fishing, and hunting gear is their big sellers but they sell knives for the convenience of the customer. Thanks for the info guys and thank you all for your service as well.
I will be purchasing a couple as well. I agree the backs are not shown on their website and after seeing the pics above, more order will be placed!

The last two new Buck 110 knives I’ve bought have come with leather sheaths made in Mexico, but with the older style belt loop. One was blade stamped 2017 (a Pro bought in January 2018) and the other blade stamped 2018 (the ebony handled 110 I bought last week). My two Mexican made sheaths are of decent quality, surely good enough to carry the knife on my belt, but I would prefer a USA made sheath. OH

Haven't bought a Buck since my 112 slim select a few months back, but I'm really looking forward to the DLT Trading exclusive, Buck 501 Squire in S35VN....especially the green canvas micarta w/ brushed bolsters :D:thumbsup:

Back