What's your newest Buck knife

Received this cool Alpha Hunter build out the other day.

lcycfvn.jpg

Just picked up this little 309 from 1996. Seemed nice in the store and once I oiled the joints, man does it have the snap! Edges needed a little touch up -- not sure it was ever sharpened by the previous owner(s). Will make a nice "Companion" to my 305 Lancer. (See what I did there? :confused:) Looks like I need to polish the bolsters and shield and clean the Sharpie residue from the scratch pattern, but I was anxious to get a quick picture and post it here.

50219000458_db96179139_b.jpg

Last edited:
Got this one in a couple of days ago from C&C ... 192 Vanguard, 5160 blade, Oak and Brass. Now that I joined the BCCI and got signed up Pro on Buck's website, my credit card is in for some serious jeopardy with that danged discount! I already have a 192 with the Heritage Walnut handle on its way... next to the 119's, the Vanguard is my next biggest weakness.

Aw heck, who am I kidding... I'm just plain "Buck Drunk" right now.

g3vzFO3l.jpg

Last edited:
Got this one in a couple of days ago from C&C ... 192 Vanguard, 5160 blade, Oak and Brass. Now that I joined the BCCI and got signed up Pro on Buck's website, my credit card is in for some serious jeopardy with that danged discount! I already have a 192 with the Heritage Walnut handle on its way... next to the 119's, the Vanguard is my next biggest weakness.

Aw heck, who am I kidding... I'm just plain "Buck Drunk".

g3vzFO3l.jpg
Man that looks good on that stand!
Nice knife.
I keep buying Vanguards thinking they would be great to take hunting. But they are always too pretty. They need to make an ugly one for me, ha.

Nice knife.
I keep buying Vanguards thinking they would be great to take hunting. But they are always too pretty. They need to make an ugly one for me, ha.
the kraton one. wants to be used. that rubberish handle doesn't want to stay clean and pretty.:D

the kraton one. wants to be used. that rubberish handle doesn't want to stay clean and pretty.:D
There's an Alaskan Guide with rubber handle, coated s30v blade and brass guards that I'm eyeing.
Sorta similar to the botm that I snoozed on. Just brass instead of nickel.

But that basic rubber handled 420hc is a buy with the discount.... I see both in my future, ha!.

There's always my Open Season s30v 537. That thing is a work horse. It's beauty is it's ability.

I Love your copper Jag 110 by the way. That thing is sweet!

Nice knife.

LOL! That's my problem too. The Plain Jane 192 that jbmonkey mentions does look to be a solution.

Buck 110 from the early 80s that I bought for work and still own. It was an upgrade to the Craftsman model that was one size smaller than the 110.

I don’t know if these count as “new” more of “rediscovered”. I was going through a box of college things yesterday and found these two in it. I think the custom one has giraffe bone for the handle. I don’t know what the blade is. It is black but not the same coating as the AG knife.
FIbLKXS.jpg

Back