What's your newest Buck knife

missed out on this knife--i was at buck when it got released--when i got home they were sold out....this was gifted to me by a generous forum member here.....thank you my friend.....

View attachment 1417227 View attachment 1417228 View attachment 1417229
That says a lot about Buck's commitment to getting LE knives out to folks across the country....
..If Craig was at Buck and couldn't get one..........
Sorry Craig, but I cannot let the irony of this pass without comment.:confused:

Trust me. I know the feeling.
Your now an official member of the "awe shucks" club.:rolleyes:
Glad ya got one tho.:thumbsup:

:D:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That says a lot about Buck's commitment to getting LE knives out to folks across the country....
..If Craig was at Buck and couldn't get one..........
Sorry Craig, but I cannot let the irony of this pass without comment.:confused:

Trust me. I know the feeling.
Your now an official member of the "awe shucks" club.:rolleyes:
Glad ya got one tho.:thumbsup:

:D:rolleyes:
Craig is the sole individual outside in the Sun, Rain and or Snow at every sale 2 to 3 hours before the sale starts. I dont think I can get up early enough to beat him there. If the sale starts at 10 am, and you wait to go until 10 am. You will be 200 to 300 back in line. Which means you will wait 2 to 4 hrs to get inside. Wait time is about the same. But first to go in the door is priceless.

Buck 124 in 5160 steel. USA sheath. Im suprised more people didn't jump on these when they were available.

I'll never forget Joe saying at one of the 30th BCCI presentations that he was not a fan of 5160 due to its rusting abilities and that he only used the steel for projects because they were leftover blades. Between that and it being $100 more than a standard 124 with our club discount I never bought one. Would be nice to get some s30v 124s. Wish SK Blades would've done a project or two.

Last edited:
The bigger the knife, the more I prefer 5160.
I bought my carbon 124 because I thought it would be fun to abuse it...... But it's so pretty that hasn't happened yet. .
Carbon vs stainless..... They are both cool.

......the rust on my axe drives me nuts.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
rust on carbon steels doesn't bother me. I'm in the wet area. its a swamp jungle basically and I just dry them off and use a wax to coat if stored for awhile. plus cutting with them removes rust.

I like the toughness 5160 brings. that's worth a lot on a larger knife that may get used for chopping or other abusive type work.

I also like 1075 and 1095 and other versions of carbon steels. I find they work well, sharpen easily, hold a decent edge and the rust is easily managed.

s30v 124 would be cool and I hope we get one just cause......but cpm154 would be better.

rust on carbon steels doesn't bother me. I'm in the wet area. its a swamp jungle basically and I just dry them off and use a wax to coat if stored for awhile. plus cutting with them removes rust.

I like the toughness 5160 brings. that's worth a lot on a larger knife that may get used for chopping or other abusive type work.

I also like 1075 and 1095 and other versions of carbon steels. I find they work well, sharpen easily, hold a decent edge and the rust is easily managed.

s30v 124 would be cool and I hope we get one just cause......but cpm154 would be better.
100% agree

Fantastic. Those keep looking better and better the more I seem posts of them.
Forgot I had the light Tan 898.
This 898 has been my EDC for about two years. The 898 is really a nice knife.
ielt0Bu.jpg

Back