What's your next Multi-tool purchase?

Right now I'm leaning toward purchasing an LM Wave. However, I'm going to a gun/knife show on 4/17 and I know there will be many options available. So I plan to look and see what trips my trigger. How about you, what's your next Multi-tool purchase?

I'm waiting for the Leatherman Charge Ti to come out. After a few of you guys play guinea pig I'll see if it's worth my while to look into. I seriously doubt that it will bump my Swiss Tool RS. I keep hoping for Victorinox to bring out a smaller Swiss Tool.

Paul

i already have a LM Wave incoming and my next purchase will probably be another LM. can't wait for the Charge Ti, pitty 'll have to wait till summer.. :grumpy:

I'm using a Leatherman Wave right now, but I think I can't resist buying the new Leatherman Charge when it comes available over here. I guess it will be in the autumn, if not later... :(

I was looking forward to the Gerber Nautilus - until I found out that the handles are plastic (FRN) :barf: . That is fine for a light duty knife, but in a multi-tool with screwdriver blades, I would be concerned that the handles could not withstand too much torque.

My Craftsman Pro Multi-tool, which is a Schrade ST5E with the Craftsman name on it, is due to be retired after five years of torture. I'll get the ST5E because I need the adjustable pliers for plumbing repairs at work. I may pick up one of the new Leathermans if I happen to have some extra cash :)

shootist16 said:
The Wave is going to be improved as well. I think if I were going to get a Wave, I would wait for the improved one.

Thanks, I will do that. ;)

I'll be getting the new Charge XTi myself.
I like that new sheath, that will allow carry of the tool, a mini light, and extra bits.

Have a leatherman supertool, regret that i did not get the wave. When i bought supertool, wave is already out but the supertool is on sale 4o% off so i endded up buying the supertool. My next perchace will be the LM Charge Ti or XTi. Haven't decide which one yet. Can you guys help me out here? Which one will you guys prefer?

I think I will pick up a new Leatherman Wave when they come out and maybe a Charge.

Macbeth said:
My next purchase will be the LM Charge Ti or XTi. Haven't decide which one yet. Can you guys help me out here? Which one will you guys prefer?

i'm leaning to the XTi. It has extra bits. It lacks scissors, but I'll have my Micra for scissor duties.

LM Blast for me. Looks like it has everything I want, and nothing extra that I don't.

Leatherman Charge Ti for me as well. I recently just purchased my first Multitool, a Leatherman Wave, and have been using it every day since. I am defiantly appreciating the design and quality of this tool and look forward to more in the future

Change of mind here before i know that Charge retail at $124 my next perchase will be charge but now i am going for the New Wave for $87. Just dont think that paying for $40 more for titanium and 154cm blade is cost effective or worth it. By the way the Original Wave is about $54 now forgive me if i am wrong. I am basicly a cheap guy when i bought my supertool the wave already came out i go for the supertool coz its on sale 40% off and if the New Wave do not offer much advantage over the Old Wave i might go for the Old Wave.

Back