What's Your Pleasure? Update - With New Knife

I agree with the thinner width, but it could also be fixed with an inlay in the groove, I think.

I prefer the wider one, but possibly without the groove. Or possibly a thicker spacer behind the rope detail, to balance it out.

I'm going to be the not at all. The blade and handle are excellent by themselves with the wider guard. I"m old fashion.:D

I love the wider look. It is more "muscular" in design to my eye.

Both are beautiful works, but I like the wider shoulder look of the rat-tailed guard. You do fine work and I WILL have one someday soon.

best

mqqn

Top one I like better, it has a better visual balance to it.

They both look fantastic, I think it has more to do with what fits in someone's hand better. Just my humble opinion

What a hot set of twins!! If I had to choose id take the wide guard home with me.
My personal favorites from you outstanding job really hit a home run

I prefer the wider, fluted version.
It's the file worked spacer that is to much imho. It tries to take your attention away from the beautiful wood and well made blade

I also vote leave it with the wider guard. Just looks better to me that way.

Dam! That's a real looker Tim and I'm going with the wider one also but I sure wouldn't say that the smaller one looks bad either.

I like the look of the top one, but the handle swells look uncomfortable on the top one. One’s index finger should rest touching the guard, not a half inch back.

Back