1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's your poison....

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by clockman, Nov 25, 2015.

1. clockman

clockman

Jan 14, 2009
    What your favorite handle material for a CRK? PJ ti, inlay, ccg, or unique.

I'd have to say I like the looks of a plain jane with character marks the best. I have several plain jane that I really

like a lot.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I'll give you 3 guesses....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/Knives/RegSmUserBG42_zpstjsbzbot.jpg~original[IMG]

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/Knives/RegLgStarsStripes_zpsdc6cbbwh.jpg~original

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  3. ice_man

ice_man

Sep 16, 2014
    I'd probably say CF / wood inlays... :)

4. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Never had a unique graphic one, though I've held one.
    I will pick wood inlays, they just feel so good in hand.

5. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    Personally I like some of the engraved knives. I also like CF, and the look of inlays

Nobody likes a showoff.... :D I REALLY like both of these :thumbup:

6. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Here is my only Unique Graphic (with another one in the mail ;) ):

[​IMG]20151103_194420 by brw713, on Flickr

Here is what I consider my prettiest wood inlay knife - Macassar Ebony:

[​IMG]20150706_201821 by brw713, on Flickr

But my plain Jane handle will hold it's own against any of these. Unfortunately some of its sail trails and marks, which adds to its beauty, are not showing in the picture.

[​IMG]IMG_1852 by brw713, on Flickr

7. Vaporstang

Apr 8, 2014
    As always - Nice LW!

8. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Carbon fiber full scales or one piece (annual) wood inlays for me!

9. Vaporstang

Apr 8, 2014
    I would like to get a carbon fiber inlay - small and/or large! The one piece annual goes with out saying of course.

10. Ccc

Ccc

Mar 10, 2014
    I like the CF and the Wilson Combat burst/rays or whatever it is. Although I love seeing LW's night and morning skies. I wonder if I could get an anodizing job done to make the burst pattern match a sunrise pattern, that would be pretty cool.

11. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I like all of them, on the other side of the spectrum I've never warmed up to the
    c.f. scale on my small insingo that I got when they first came out. I can't get over the fit and finish of crk
    God bless all of you and your families over the weekend.

12. makak

makak

Sep 15, 2015
    My point of view exactly. Maybe one day I'll get one with micarta inlays, but first I'd like to have more plain janes, especially some regular sebenzas.

13. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    I prefer inlays on the small Sebenzas, mostly for the added grip width. My small everyday Sebenza has Box Elder inlays. I have a CGG small and large Sebenza (blue paw prints on both). I like the graphics but the small one doesn't "hold" as well for me as the small inlaid Sebenza. On the large ones, I don't really have a preference. I've had quite a few large micartas mostly because of the way they look. They are just so... perfect looking as folding pocket knives. They've never stayed around though... go figure. OTOH, I still have a large plain double lug that is really comfortable to hold and use.

View attachment 595513

14. Dantone05

Dantone05

Dec 31, 2014
    Micarta inlays or plain Ti
    I like it simple and practical.

15. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1

Jul 26, 2010
    Plain Jane, it develops its own unique graphic over time.

16. ice_man

ice_man

Sep 16, 2014
    The only UG / CGG I'd love to get are the Moon Song & Night Sky on a Regular Profile. However, I can also accept either a Native American or "Think Twice Cut Once" Regulars as well... :D

17. Jessup_16

Jessup_16

Jun 25, 2015
    Plain jane

18. stjames

stjames Sebenzanista

Oct 26, 1998
    The Annuals

Attached Files:

19. jmclfrsh

jmclfrsh Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Micarta for me. Although the CFs are very nice and I see one of those as my next CRK.

A lefty small Insingo CF would be awesome. Love the Insingo blade.

20. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008