What's Your "Type"?

I have a type. I've always liked the handiness of 3.5" to 4.5" blades. They're extension of my hand in a way that larger knives can't be. Fixed or folders, the blade shape and grind are most important to me.

ItsvZVH.jpg

Shirogorov F3 Elmax, Enzo Trapper 95 N690Co, Condor Primitive 1095, Moki Banff VG-10

Last edited:
For me it's a vintage Emerson Commander or Specwar. When I see one, which is thankfully rare, I can't keep my wallet closed. Just take my money!

Well technically that's true, but although I find a use for the Cadet almost every day, it seldom comes out of the pocket for any cutting chores.
It's a great compliment to a locking folder. It has only one blade, so it's the back-up. Thinner, for the odd fruit cutting afield? And of course the tools will never go wrong.

I try to find the optimal point between aesthetic & practicality.

Personal examples: CRK in Damascus/CGG/inlays, ZT knives

I typically break this principle whenever I see anything in Damasteel... Aesthetic takes precedence.

5FUAHcl.jpg

I used to tell myself that I would never keep two of the same model knives in my permanent collection. That all changed when the Delica HAP40 Wharncliffe sprint came out. That knife checked all the boxes as a work knife for me! Incredible ergonomics, check. Wharncliffe blade that is easy to access with gloves, check. Scales in an easy to find color, check. Phenomenal steel, check. Stainless steel clip, check... The list goes on.

So OF COURSE, I had to buy two of them! I mean it's a sprint run... What happens if I lose or damage mine and can't find a replacement on the secondary market? Can't have that!

After awhile the HAP40 Wharncliffe Delica became my favorite knife of all time and I started carrying it even while I wasn't working... So why not pick one up with a more premium handle and easier to take care of steel?! Enter the S30V Cutlery Shoppe exclusive with Suingab G10 handles!

After installing the Suingab scales, I couldn't just let those gorgeous Safety Orange Cutlery Shoppe scales go to waste... So I obviously had to pick up a standard VG-10 Wharncliffe Delica to put them on (which has now become my work knife, lol).

And now here I sit, (im)patiently waiting for the Salt 2 Wharncliffe to add to my collection... Because what if I go on a boat or something!?

So what knife gets you all hot and bothered and makes you question (or break) your own rules?

3IeFbNA.jpg

JxOeelI.jpg

It's little weird that some hand tool gets you that excited. Seriously. Get some help

It's little weird that some hand tool gets you that excited. Seriously. Get some help

You're right, I could use some help! I've never been a fan of serrated edges, but they make a SpyderEdge version of the Wharncliffe Delica. Do you think I should buy that one too so as to complete the collection? I'm having trouble deciding.

I try to find the optimal point between aesthetic & practicality.

Personal examples: CRK in Damascus/CGG/inlays, ZT knives

I typically break this principle whenever I see anything in Damasteel... Aesthetic takes precedence.

5FUAHcl.jpg

That is absolutely beautiful! And I love that you actually USE it too. :)

I
You're right, I could use some help! I've never been a fan of serrated edges, but they make a SpyderEdge version of the Wharncliffe Delica. Do you think I should buy that one too so as to complete the collection? I'm having trouble deciding.

That is absolutely beautiful! And I love that you actually USE it too. :)
If a little saration is all it takes then go for it!, you only live once:thumbsup: As for me, I'm immortal and no one has proven me wrong yet.

Back