What's your unicorn!?

What is the one knife that you long for, can't afford or can't find because it's either rare or discontinued?

What is filling this gap presently??

There are two that I wish were- Holt Specter and Grimsmo Rask, but I have all but given up on em to be honest. So, my actual Uni would be 1 of the 7 ZT special 456’s that were made with the handles completely milled out.

One of the Vox/Anso 12 Blades of Brooklyn.

In the meantime I'm carrying it's little brother, the GiantMouse Ace Biblio in carbon fiber. I know the GM1 is a closer match, but I prefer the Biblio in M390, especially for the price.

The two I’ve been chasing since I started collecting knives are; a satin, plain edge Socom Elite in DuraTech 20CV and a tiger striped, S30V Strider SNG with OD Green G-10 and flamed anodized lock side. I currently fill the void with 50 other folders:D

I built this one up specifically as a unicorn...

Old spec GSO 4.1 in 3V. Swedge regrind. Acid wash and tumbled finish. Koa scales with carbon fiber liners. This was a ridiculous amount of work on an old blade, but darn it if it isn't one of my prize pieces.

20180721_113031~01.jpg

What is the one knife that you long for, can't afford or can't find because it's either rare or discontinued?

What is filling this gap presently??

Easy. The newer Emerson HD7 with the lockbar insert.

However to make it even more of a unicorn I like the lock on the newer version but the backspacer and teflon washer design of the old one. I dislike the standoffs and BB pivot of the new design so the ultimate unicorn doesn’t exist.

I would still trade a CRK for a newer version HD7 in a heart beat though.

I want a GEC #46 Ironwood Whaler, but I don't want to pay the markup for GEC flipping craziness. It's more of a white whale than a unicorn, but it will have to do.

I’m still holding out for one of these...

ncJpIYN.jpg

I’m carrying one of these, which was a unicorn for me. I love it as much as I thought I would.

iDseh9B.jpg

Chris Reeve Elemental TiLok. I passed on it when it was affordable; now, if one came on the market, I don't think I could afford it. I do have the basic design and an Inmotion and want it to fill out my collection of TiLok's. Just to complicate things; I guess, if I got it, then I would then need the Steam Punk version too. Now, I am way out of what I want to spend.

Back