What's your unicorn!?

Nothing special but there is a sub-$50 fixed blade that I missed. I ordered it from Optics Planet when they were still available. They biffed the order. They asked me to wait. Then it dried up. It's the Real Steel Mini 130B. I know there are other small Wharncliffe blades in the "neck knife" category. (I don't actually wear neck knives but I like the form factor with a good sheath.) I tried the CRKT Minimalist series and SPEW. Despite the horrible name of the latter, the fit and finish wasn't great and the steel is kind of... blech. The Real Steel Mini 130B looks to have a great shape, good sheath, and D2 steel.

RS3121---Real-Steel-Mini-130B-noir-RS3121.jpg

What is the one knife that you long for, can't afford or can't find because it's either rare or discontinued?
Case Trapper or other Tapper with a single blade . . . made of . . . M4.

What is filling this gap presently??
Currently filling this g a a a a a a p is a Case Trapper with squishy stuff passed off as hardened steel, a Ti Lite IV with a full flat ground CTS-XHP blade, a Brad Zinker Urban Trapper with much thickened and tractionated handle and a Spyderco Para 2 with a blade made of very nicely heat treated M4 tool steel.

If I put them all on the table and blur my vision I can just see . . . a unicorn.
If I put a few of them in my pockets and kind of rotate out one or two every few days I can just make it through life with some sort of vague and fleeting satisfaction.

Last edited:
I consider the Garett bull shamwari to be a kind of unicorn for me

I would like to get one one day but they are hard to get

Maybe at a time I will get a front flipper just for fun

Brian Nadeau/Sharp by Design (Arch) Nemesis dagger. I've tried to grab one a couple of times, but they seem to sell milliseconds after he puts them up for sale on his site and I've never seen one come up for sale on the secondary market.

I don't generally like daggers, it'd be my first, but I Brian's designs really appeal to me. I wouldn't mind one of his Chicane folders either, those are probably just as rare.

Someday I hope to find a long lost Frank Richtig fighting knife at a garage sale or something.

Mine would have to be a Nazi Government Official's Dagger. I love WWII stuff and I think it is the most badass knife of the war. Nazi's were obviously fucking scum, but damn did they know how to make nice shit!

A legit, few hundred year old Japanese Samurai sword might just do it for me too haha.

4MAX. Sits at a cool 400 bucks.

940. The most obtainable, but still.

A custom Crooked River. Benchmade hates international shipping.

Basically any Hinderer. Pricey, and the import makes it stupidly expensive.

Non flipper flipper. No explanation needed.

Don't have one but I keep going back to my Kabar Dozier, I should really buy another and get it regrinded into a thinner blade like I want.

IMG_0163.JPG

Sandbox Bowie by Martin Tactical Knives, and any CRK Hollow handled one solid steel construction knife, spear or bowie. For a folder the CRK Sebenza, would have to see scales to see what I like, but Desert ironwood wood be nice.

4MAX. Sits at a cool 400 bucks.

940. The most obtainable, but still.

A custom Crooked River. Benchmade hates international shipping.

Basically any Hinderer. Pricey, and the import makes it stupidly expensive.

Non flipper flipper. No explanation needed.
You can snag a 4-Max for $249.

An M390 Hinderer FullTrack in Stonewash / Blue/Black G10 without lock-stick or stiff lock arm.

Back