What's your workout and why?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by BMCGear, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Hahaha, yup...wasn't much chow safe around me those days for sure.:)

2. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    [​IMG]

3. Pr3inar

Pr3inar

Oct 17, 2015
    Tactical barbell for conditioning: it’s a periodized blend of aerobic, anaerobic with and without lactate, and a entry level program to ease into it

for strength: tactical barbell strength. Simple 5x5 with your choice of base lifts, depending on additional workload from work, sport etc. Or, now when the gyms are closed, Never gymless from Ross Enamait. Because it is convenient, and effectife. This is also comparible with TB Conditioning, both for the strength workouts and for some of the conditioning routines.

I have a pullup bar, suspension trainer and a 24 and 32 kg kb. Combined with NG, that neans I don’t have an excuse to be out of shape.

ps: Never gymless is on covid 19-sale, 1 dollar for the e-book. How to train Max Strength, strength endurance, explosive strength etc and conditioning, all without equipment, with progressions from complete beginner to experiences athete. Highly recommended. Or just follow Ross Enamait on instagram, he shows a lot of stuff for free

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Barman1 likes this.
  4. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    When I did weight lifting I did repetitions, and not to failure, every other day. Cardio on the off days, bicycle and running. I found that if I burned off the adrenaline daily, it required a lot more to make me lose my temper the rest of the day. "Stupid" has always made me grumpy and there is always a lot of "stupid" around.

Nowadays I use resistance bands and do a set routine to keep my muscles toned. Maintaining muscle tone helps old bones retain mass. For cardio I go walking in the evenings to please my doctor.

5. specgrade

specgrade

Nov 21, 2009
    12oz curls...'cause I'm a drunk.

6. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Never go to failure. Complete the exercise or go down in weight.

I have had success with 5x5 and look forward to trying starting strength once I find a gym that's willing to roll the dice and open Up indefinately.

7. Forester_01

Forester_01

Jul 20, 2018
    Fridge and back

Rhinoknives1 likes this.
  8. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2013
    after being a Gym rat for years. Also swimming, Scuba, bike riding volley ball, Judo & San Soo until I thrashed my spine. These Days, approaching my Golden years & requiring a few surgeries, it’s Yoga & power bands....

9. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    I thought you guys might find this interesting. He is one of the coaches, whose training methods I have tried to emulate at times. Of course, I'm nowhere near his level!

10. old Lefty

old Lefty Basic Member Basic Member

May 15, 2020
    I do Westside. Or follow the conjugate template to be more exact. 4 main sessions per week, maximum effort lower and upper, dynamic effort lower and upper.
    Today was ME upper body, main movement was bench with bands up to 1RM.