What's your Zombie Killin' equipment??? Pics only.

.30 M1 Carbine with red dot, CZ 75D PCR, and a couple of blades. :D
ztools.jpg

well since we've strayed away from knives only, i'll post pics of my two fav carbines for the job.
i have a couple DD carbines, but despite my age(38), im a bit old school. i prefer the ol rolling bolt design.
of my various shotties, and various other rifles/carbines, these would be my picks...

Ruger Ranch Rifle with an amega rail, LED 9P Surefire with a VLTOR offset mount and a little Bushnell red dot...
i shot the heck out of this "project" this summer and imo it is a very reliable setup. that TRS-25 is a good product...ive had ZERO issues with it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and my pride and joy, a basic Socom16...i finally saved up enough for one last year. been wanting one since they hit the market...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

these two carbines, plus my Beretta 92s and the wife and i are ready for them zombies that are never gonna show anyway LOL

Last edited:
Ok, so I think by now we have a reasonably comprehensive list of the mentally unstable members of bladeforums...

This machete would do well enough. My dad made it years ago out of D2, it's a solid chopper for busting through skulls, has enough guard to keep my hand from slipping up on the blade if it's slick from rain/sweat/blood, and compact enough to not get in the way when performing other activities.

IMG_6724.JPG

Of course I have a selection of firearms that would likely see much more use, but this isn't gunforum :)

Last edited:
This machete would do well enough. My dad made it years ago out of D2, it's a solid chopper for busting through skulls, has enough guard to keep my hand from slipping up on the blade if it's slick from rain/sweat/blood, and compact enough to not get in the way when performing other activities.

IMG_6724.JPG
Nevermore,That knife on the bottom is just awesome! Did your Dad make that one too? Tell us a little about it if you would.

Nevermore,That knife on the bottom is just awesome! Did your Dad make that one too? Tell us a little about it if you would.

I'll try not to clutter up the thread too much, but here's the Hx on 'em. My dad has worked in the oilfield most of his life, and when I was a kid he did 2 weeks home/2 or 3 months offshore in the Gulf. One time when he was out there he got his hands on some of the literally tons of scrap they had on the rig and made those two. When he got back he had a friend heat treat 'em and gave 'em to me. I was around 7 or 8 at the time, so it would have been around '92. They're D2 blades with brass guards and hickory handles. I grew up in South Louisiana, and those two (along with my .22s) were my constant companions. No telling how many miles of brush I've chopped through with the machete, or how many hundreds of rabbits, chickens, turtles, and deer the knife has seen the inside of!

I lost the machete when we moved to a relative's house after my mom and dad split up around '02, and it sat under a couple of inches of dirt in an old shed until my little brother found it last year and gave it back to me. It was in really rough shape (as one might imagine). The blade was covered with rust and the handle halves (originally epoxied on), had both come off and were very nasty. A few months ago I finally got around to rehabbing it. I sanded all the rust off the blade and tang and blued it, sanded the crud off the handle and hit it with several coats of Minwax stain and sealer, re-epoxied the handle back on, and pinned it for good measure. It's been back to chopping kindling ever since :)

img0003ajn.jpg

img0005zu.jpg

img0010sw.jpg

The sword is the cold steel warrior wakisashi.

The club is from an ornamental staff I think. It could have been a part of a piece of furniture. Was at an op shop snapped off. Cost me $25...

I brought it home, cut it off and made the handle area. Its a heavy and solid wood. It would be an effective zombie head smasher.

Its one of my favourites..

Last edited:
Back