Wheels and Blades

BSFDMsy.jpg

I don't actually carry that knife when I ride, but I already had the pic, and I wanted to play too :D.

Last edited:
almost looks like the driving miss daisy, except no back door.

Close to the same age as the '49 Hudson in Driving Miss Daisy, but my car is a '48 Pontiac. It was considered a sporty car because of it's 2 door fastback style.
Pontiac did make a large 4 door sedan in '48 , "the Streamliner"
My car has a build plate inside the hood with a 6 cylinder designation, but 8's were becoming so popular that the factory installed an 8 and put the 8 badging on the hood.

Current vehicle;
2011 Kia Sorento SX V6. Just hit 63k yesterday. It is stupid fast for an SUV this size. New Car and Driver clocked it to 60 in 6.4 seconds. Recently clocked mine at 5.7. Only upgrades are a K&N filter. Traction control hates me.

ekNqZO9.jpg
WHOOP!

Damn I'd love to drive that

Can you drive a stick?

It's a 2014 C7 Z51 w/460HP & a 7 speed manual tranny. You can get into a lot of trouble on the road and w/the law if you dont' keep your hormones in check while driving it.

I don't have to shift it past 5th doing triple digits, which gives you an idea of how fast it can go. But, with the top down and normal cruising speeds it is a joy to drive. :)

Last edited:
Had to go into the city yesterday to see the oncologist. Hit 105 on I-90 east. Fastest I've taken the Sorento to is 110.

Saw this thread for the first time earlier today and thought it was an odd coincidence.....

After a year of “life getting in the way”, I’m finally starting the “build” of my 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum. What struck me as an odd coincidence is that my wheels and tires were literally just installed yesterday.

Anyway, I figured I’d get in on the action and snapped a few pics of the truck at my Dr appointment today....along with a few of the knife that happened to be in my pocket all afternoon.

NXugzGz.jpg
7wEjQuC.jpg

2gBIBqB.jpg
F7YvAPB.jpg

Close to the same age as the '49 Hudson in Driving Miss Daisy, but my car is a '48 Pontiac. It was considered a sporty car because of it's 2 door fastback style.
Pontiac did make a large 4 door sedan in '48 , "the Streamliner"
My car has a build plate inside the hood with a 6 cylinder designation, but 8's were becoming so popular that the factory installed an 8 and put the 8 badging on the hood.

Looks like it would be a smooth ride.

Back