Attention Whelp...if you are using..

Is there a benefit to paying for one of these over the free ones? More storage or something? I've been using Imgur which is free for several years and never had any issues.

Is there a benefit to paying for one of these over the free ones? More storage or something? I've been using Imgur which is free for several years and never had any issues.
a lot of folks used photobucket for free for years too:D

Fair enough, though I don't see that being a reason to pay for one of these sites.

I think the thinking is the "free" part is probably going to go away on all of them. A lot of craftspeople are using the image hosting sites as a way to show their wares. So the site owners are catching on to the fact that people are making money off of their free hosting service and wanting to cash in on it. With photo bucket it was free for even 3rd party hosting for years and years. Some of my picture threads here are 12 year old, and were still showing the pictures till a short time back. The paid service was only $20 a year and that was for more image storage and more bandwidth for the hosting. At one time I had 7 different free photobucket accounts to get around the bandwidth issue. They changed that to $30 a year a while back, took out my recurring payment with no warning back in Sept, but it was still set at $19.99 and wasn't enough to cover the new hosting charges and they shut my pictures down. I explained what happened and asked for my money back, and they gave me my images back instead. Dealing with the sudden unexpected changes and regrouping when the free site changes its mind is a pain in the @$$. Fotki made a point of bashing PB stupidity and welcoming PB's victims to their site, so I'm going. I have until September to relocate important images and re-do some important posts before PB goes to the next level for me...$400.00 a year. I've made sure my recurring payment schedule is turned off this time...

the pics are working in "The Road to Fiddleback Friday"...which is awesome for the new folks that never had a chance to check it out:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

test
20170629_184939_zpscubozgfi.jpg

It looks like my old pics are working again over on CPF so maybe they reconsidered... here's a test :)
IMG_20170817_165244.jpg

~Chip

From photobucket web page:
-----------------------
Photobucket has a new management team that wants to do the right thing. We are committed to earning back your trust and offering comprehensive and flexible image storage and hosting options for our customers. We’ve taken your feedback and made some changes to our pricing model that allows us to offer competitively priced plans that fit the needs of all of our customers.

Today, our current customers’ hosted images have been restored and Photobucket is introducing a new pricing plan that is built around everyone’s needs.

For a limited time, we are offering a new, competitive subscription package that includes ad-free storage and 3rd party image hosting for just $1.99 per month, or $19.99 per yea...
---------------------------------------------

From photobucket web page:
-----------------------
Photobucket has a new management team that wants to do the right thing. We are committed to earning back your trust and offering comprehensive and flexible image storage and hosting options for our customers. We’ve taken your feedback and made some changes to our pricing model that allows us to offer competitively priced plans that fit the needs of all of our customers.

Today, our current customers’ hosted images have been restored and Photobucket is introducing a new pricing plan that is built around everyone’s needs.

For a limited time, we are offering a new, competitive subscription package that includes ad-free storage and 3rd party image hosting for just $1.99 per month, or $19.99 per yea...
---------------------------------------------

That's about half what I paid this last go round with them. My last payment to them in September was $39 for this year. Good, maybe I won't have to re-write the most complex thread I ever wrote on BF lolol

Just checked an old knife review I did and surprisingly, now most of the pictures are there.

Photobucket will still remain a sore subject

Just checked an old knife review I did and surprisingly, now most of the pictures are there.

Im sticking with Fotki for sure. It is nice the old threads are back for a little while anyway

Yeah, I just checked one from 9 years ago, and all the pics are there again. I may start a fotki account later as a back up, but for now I'm just glad all 800 of my threads are back in working order :D

$20 a year is very reasonable. Glad Photobucket came to their senses. $400 a year was a joke!

Back