When did you catch the Busse bug?

I can’t say I had ever really given a serious eye to the Busse/ kin line. Then I was on a hunt for a specific type of knife and Busse TG14 seemed to be it…
Then I purchased a TNT15 on the forum from a regular member here and was smitten!
I made my way to the Busse website to put an order in for the TGULB.
I made a post in the WTB thread for the TG14 and look forward to getting my hands on a few more Busse.
Thanks everyone!
Welcome to the party my friend!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

I was doing a custom modification to a 1911 for a customer, and I had my Randall #1 sitting on my work bench. My customer asked when I got that knife and I told him I carried it in Viet Nam...He was WoW that has some history...Yup...and I mentioned I was retiring that knife this was '08. When he returned to pick up his 1911 Hammer he Gifted me a Busse Game Warden. He gave me a little background on Busse, and that is when my addiction started I have a spread sheet of the collection, but I don't count the number....You Know NO Regrets! I try to follow Jerry's sig line "Let's Drink" Jerry Then a new Knife shows up....Good Day for All!!!

Wow....I imagine Alot of you guys are Crazy? :D
15 in seven months?
I'm drinking now, so my math might be off? Lol
I have had a few SYKCO, but
I'm still looking for my First..... And I Know which one it will be

Let me say it like this: with the current used market you can roughly trade one Hinderer folder against one Infi Busse kin, and you get a whole lot more of knife in return. :)

Ordered a Basic 5 off a Busse ad in Blade Magazine around 1998. When it arrived I remember thinking, "That could be the perfect knife." Still have it along with a few other Busse and kin. For me, after hundreds of knives bought and sold over the years, I still think the Basic 5 comes close to perfection.

For me it was back in 2012. A friend gifted me a Military Overrun Terror Monkey HellRazor. Then I purchased a Fat Ash-1 and it's been all Down-Hill from there. LOL. I am embarrassed to say how many I actually have and have lost count ATM. Just GWs alone, I have, "Way too Many."
Surfsidemel

I was on Youtube looking over videos of the CRK Green Beret, and somehow got on a video of a Battle Mistress. That led to a BM video rabbit hole. That led to NMSFNO videos, which was the first Busse I really wanted. That led to joning the forum in 2012, which led to my first Busse 9 years later.

I was browsing here and saw the original post to name a new knife model (that eventually was called the Last Rites). I submitted a name, and was 100% sure I was going win. I needed that knife!

Only recently managed to snag one on the secondary market...

Turns out it was from the guy who won that contest, so hey, at least I got that going for me.

Last edited:
For me it was around 2012 ish ??? Was scrolling the web looking at knives. Came across a SFNO pic and the search was on !!!! Bought a few second hand , then TGLB’s direct from Busse along with a Sarge 7 :) Found BF and now I don’t count anymore lol.

Oh my, Prop, coral is my Kryptonite. Awesome

Sorry, I'm feeling chatty but I really have no other way of expressing it honestly, properly.

Oh wow, this is a fun topic for me because the paths we follow make for interesting reflections that should bring happiness of thought, which no one can ever have enough of.
Living where I do, I had heard this or that about the guy around the block who makes knives. I knew a neighbor of mine worked there. We kind of knew who the other was but never really had any interactions beyond waving in passing. My wife who is the eagle eye made mentions of this guy who must work insane hours hardly ever home. I actually worked with one of his uncles some many years ago for a brief period so knew a little. Then I did some business with another uncle and he filled me in a bit. I had then met Dumpster Dan at work when he had his machine on for some service. He attempted some wheeling and dealing involving knives, which at the time I had heard of but that's what I knew, basically nothing. If he were to try that today I'd be screwed as an easy mark 😂
So I started to think about it a little more and decided to find out what this place was all about. That is when I first laid eye's on 2 specific knives which stole my heart, promptly breaking it when I saw actual pricing - The Flying Mojo and the Bluegrass Bowie~ first 2 knives with "Busse" on them. That's going to take some acclimation as for the costs, not knowing that these were "special" and not representative.
So I had kept an eye on the website for many years, never having anything available, not taking orders, nothing to buy. Then, I discovered this forum and lurked for a couple years here and there. OK, so now, I had learned enough and adjusted to the valuation in the realm so new to me. I watched the X and finally, I saw what I wanted, it was a TG which I was drawn to as a resemblance to the Kbar my uncle had given me from his time in the service. so I tried to buy it, but the guy wouldn't sell it to me because I was a brand new forum member, had no posts, no trail. I was gutted, like excuse me? what was that again? and sadly someone else got it, hopes and dreams dashed with a real sour taste about all of it. So then I composed my rebuttal and a conversation began which actually had a happy ending and to this day I still consider him as a friend. We would eventually do a transaction on a super blade that to this day rides in my car daily.
During this moment in time filling with more determination than ever to reach my objective of holding a Busse in my hands, again on the X it happened. Obviously at this point I am apprehensive that I would be met with the same stonewall because I wasn't one of the "boys in the club" kind of thing. To my extreme feeling of joy, relief, I was met with kindness and acceptance while finally, securing, my first Busse knife. And to this day and forever I won't forget CataD and the DTBM that was the moment of opening Pandora's box and what would turn out to be an experience in my life that will always have special meaning. It's been a wonderful ride with countless moments and memories of amazing people, magical interactions while enjoying the happiness that you wonderful group of people dump out by the bucket load. Yes, I love it every time I open a box, but sometimes I think I enjoy it slightly more when others have those same moments. I find it easy to be happy for others because I still remember those early moments and the meaning that goes with getting that first, that holy Grail one was seeking, that amazing blind grab bag Custom Shop....I don't have hte ability to understand how you can not be happy for another to experience a similar moment you yourself were so overjoyed with.
So yeah, Super amazing time, had a blast, blew a ton of money but don't miss a single penny of it because it was a steal of a deal to be around so many awesome humans. For me, Busse is so much more than a piece of steel, so, so much more. I'm also thankful that I got to know my neighbor a lot better because no bullsht, He's the kind of guy that by knowing makes the world a better place. I can't say enough good things about a guy who I know, has put his heart and soul into what he does. For that, nothing but respect and admiration and I'm thankful that I've been able to support my local business just a fuzz....... and that's all I got to say about that.

I first read about Busse knives in the late 90s when an article in American Survival Guide listed the Busse Steel Heart as the best fixed-blade survival knife (Benchmade AFCK won out for folders), and then a bit later when the same magazine had an article on the Battle Mistress and some new super steel. I ended up ordering a Battle Mistress, Steel Heart II, and Badger Attack, and maybe a year later finally got my knives. Since at that time I thought I had all the knives I'd ever need, no bug was involved.

Then arounf 2006, I read about the AK-47 somewhere, and decided I needed one. I think I got mine from the old Busse Company Store. But then I needed a sheath, and I ended up here. I think I settled on a Buy Brown sheath. But I needed another AK-47 because my son had claimed mine in the event of a zombie apocapalypse (This was 4 years before The Walking Dead, BTW. We were way ahead of the curve.), and I made the mistake of lingering here. That's where the bug bit. Between ganzaaas, the limited releases at the Busse Company Store, and the really awesome blades Busse was selling on the website, I was hooked.

*The kid's in his 30s and never got one of my AK-47s. Maybe I'll give him a Waki/Rucki set for Christmas one year.

Last edited:
I first read about Busse knives in the late 90s when an article in American Survival Guide listed the Busse Steel Heart as the best fixed-blade survival knife (Benchmade AFCK won out for folders), and then a bit later when the same magazine had an article on the Battle Mistress and some new super steel. I ended up ordering a Battle Mistress, Steel Heart II, and Badger Attack, and maybe a year later finally got my knives. Since at that time I thought I had all the knives I'd ever need, no bug was involved.

Then arounf 2006, I read about the AK-47 somewhere, and decided I needed one. I think I got mine from the old Busse Company Store. But then I needed a sheath, and I ended up here. I think I settled on a Buy Brown sheath. But I needed another AK-47 because my son had claimed mine in the event of a zombie apocapalypse (This was 4 years before The Walking Dead, BTW. We were way ahead of the curve.), and I made the mistake of lingering here. That's where the bug bit. Between ganzaaas, the limited releases at the Busse Company Store, and the really awesome blades Busse was selling on the website, I was hooked.

*The kid's in his 30s and never got one of my AK-47s. Maybe I'll give him a Waki/Rucki set for Christmas one year.

So that article was written by Chris Janowski, same article I read. I still have the mag somewhere. He was a good guy and I had several phone calls with him during that time. At the time he was one of the top survivalists. He died in the early 2k's. RIP. His article and followup calls sold me on the knives. I still have my old AFCK from that time. :)

So that article was written by Chris Janowski, same article I read. I still have the mag somewhere. He was a good guy and I had several phone calls with him during that time. At the time he was one of the top survivalists. He died in the early 2k's. RIP. His article and followup calls sold me on the knives. I still have my old AFCK from that time. :)

I still have my AFCK too. They were pretty darned good knives.

i was looking for a big knive, i started with a person that was doing custom 3v knife and at some point everything went dead.

started to look around again and started reading about busse and it was around when the 1311 got released, found a seller here and bought it

and ... it went downhill from there 😱, for my bank account / wallet

Back