When is the 940 XL coming out?

I've been tempted to make a thread about this but I'll ask here:

Can you get a green 940 with a clip point? I have a 940-3 and really like it but I'd like to try the clip point in green, yet it seems this combo doesn't exist...?

Can you get a green 940 with a clip point? I have a 940-3 and really like it but I'd like to try the clip point in green, yet it seems this combo doesn't exist...?

Have you checked out the 943? I usually carry it more than my 940, and I swapped the handles on the two before I received my custom G10 scales from DoAT.

i'd buy one of those clip points in an XL! love my contego also. this 940xl would look very distinct especially in a clip point.

Have you checked out the 943? I usually carry it more than my 940, and I swapped the handles on the two before I received my custom G10 scales from DoAT.
Isn't the 943 black though? I'd like plain green 940 but with the clip point. It seems like this option is greyed out on the Benchmade website too.

if i remember correctly the 941 had the clip point blade with the green aluminum handles, and the 942 was the reverse tanto blade the black aluminum handles. both are discontinued now

if i remember correctly the 941 had the clip point blade with the green aluminum handles, and the 942 was the reverse tanto blade the black aluminum handles. both are discontinued now
Thanks you're right. I wonder why they would discontinue this model? It's not too hard to put a clip point blade on a green handled 940...

Isn't the 943 black though? I'd like plain green 940 but with the clip point. It seems like this option is greyed out on the Benchmade website too.

Thanks you're right. I wonder why they would discontinue this model? It's not too hard to put a clip point blade on a green handled 940...

As you've alluded to, it can be done; it also looks pretty good in my estimation!
eDL2xUN.jpg

16K8UC6.jpg

Pictured is my 943BK blade in a dealer exclusive 940-1702 green G10 handle

Yes it generally comes in black. If you have a 940, you can swap the blades, or have a custom G10 or micarta made by one of our very talented members. I have been very happy with Death of All Things (DoAT) scales for my 940 and 943.

I hope NEVER. This phenomenon of everything having MINI or XL annoys me too much.

I think it's great when a nice design is made in a few different sizes so that people can select the tool that best fits their needs. I've never been annoyed by having more choice, but I guess that's just me.

*Edit* I have been annoyed at seeing a nice design that is in a size that won't work for me though.

Back