When is the Mini 940 coming out ?

I got mine yesterday and am very disappointed, the knife reminds me of a mini bugout. I guess I thought it was going to be a little bigger in the hand. I will be sticking with my full size bugout. I hope everyone that gets a 945 enjoys them

I got mine yesterday and am very disappointed, the knife reminds me of a mini bugout. I guess I thought it was going to be a little bigger in the hand. I will be sticking with my full size bugout. I hope everyone that gets a 945 enjoys them

I assume it has the first production markings on the blade? If for some reason it doesn't and you're interested in selling it shoot me a PM. Thanks

Just got mine today from KnivesShipFree.com. Slight lock stick but fixed by spinning the Axis lock a bit. Took a few tries to get a good spot. This was suggested before but I've always took mine apart and polished the channel where the Axis lock slides. Centering is perfect and pivot was .5mm too tight.

Overall, it's a great example and I'm very happy with it.

HENQwxA.jpg

dupddfK.jpg

It's similar to the Valet but different.
gCywGA8.jpg

7eo5KdW.jpg

I had to replace the clip with a mini deep carry clip.
6vlfBB7.jpg

Still
Waiting on mine in mail, but it is a mini so.... each knife has its purpose hopefully your hands are just bigger than mine lol

I assume it has the first production markings on the blade? If for some reason it doesn't and you're interested in selling it shoot me a PM. Thanks

Are the First Production markings in demand or do they suit some other purpose for Benchmade? I personally think they are a bit tacky?

Just got mine no first production marking i ordered day of release from benchmade. The knife is small, but thats the point will my carry when in bs cities like seattle with these brutal 3inch it less blade laws. It is aesthetically speaking maybe the best looking benchmade ive got. Trusty rugged griptilian will still be my edc though

Mine came today and I've been playing with it for the past couple of hours. Centering and action is spot on, and the grind is pretty good too. It's a very handy size and fits my hand well. I like the knife a lot, but it will be interesting to see future iterations. Honestly, the first releases of Minis that I was excited about -- the Bugout and now the Osbourne -- have left me a little cold. I still don't have a Mini Bugout because I don't like either of the setups. I couldn't resist the 945 because the 940 is a favorite, but the coated blade almost killed the deal.

So, please! Variations with uncoated blades. And maybe I'm the only one, but I think a clip point 943 style blade would be kinda sweet in this size.

I’m going to wait for the uncoated blade, but please don’t go with oddball colored scales. No orange, no jade...black, blue or green would be just fine.

I just returned from vacation and found mine waiting on my porch. Man am I happy! Mine is perfect. I love this knife. It’s going to be hard to put it in my pocket for the first time. I love the coated blade but will still buy another one when they come out with the uncoated one. I have several knives with either type finish and some with partially serrated blades. I guess I just like knives.

Got mine two days ago. No first production markings. Knife is perfect. I also received my Blade HQ G10 Bugout (first in my collection). I like the 945 and my 940s much better than the Bugout. People have been waiting so long for a mini-940 and Benchmade is gonna make a killing off these in the future.

I’ve used mine for a few days. While I will grab a future plain blade model that will see more pocket time than this version, I don’t mind the coated blade for now. The only true regret I have with it is the non-matching Axis lock. It really stands out and I keep thinking “why would they do that?” My only theory is that because coating the lock can sometimes cause a gritty/sticky feel when opening it they didn’t want to see that blow up into a thing in the reviews for a mini tribute take on an iconic model.

Serious question, why the coated blade? They did the same thing with the green Bugout. Is there any particular reason why benchmade keeps prioritizing the coated blades?

Mini Bugout had both on release day. Have you tallied up all the first edition releases for the time period you have in mind to say that the majority had coated? First Bugout I thought was the plain with blue handle, but maybe it was green with coated and $old better than the plain with blue. I assume BM has accumulated enough data on the subject to choose based on sales expectations, but such data is typically held proprietary and I doubt we’ll see an official explanation posted. Everyone wants their personal preference to be first, of course.

Back