When is the Mini 940 coming out ?

Am i the only one who thinks this is absolutely ridiculous? how much smaller can it get. The beauty of the 940X series is that it's a little big knife, light, disappears in pocket, but you get a nice amount of blade that with years of use and sharpening will slowly get a little shorter anyways. It also has the most perfect almost 1:1 blade to handle ratio in the looks department. All just my opinion of course, outside of blade length laws i think it's a very strange request.

Am i the only one who thinks this is absolutely ridiculous? how much smaller can it get. The beauty of the 940X series is that it's a little big knife, light, disappears in pocket, but you get a nice amount of blade that with years of use and sharpening will slowly get a little shorter anyways. It also has the most perfect almost 1:1 blade to handle ratio in the looks department. All just my opinion of course, outside of blade length laws i think it's a very strange request.

Blade length laws where you're limited to 3 inches.

Yep the fact the 940 has a nice sized 3.5” blade in a small slim package is my favorite part of the knife also.

I do understand he 3” law for some states that sucks!

We can carry O.T.F. autos here so laws are good for us.

Don't think anyone is saying discontinue the current 940 in favor of a smaller knife. Some folks can't legally carry the current version. Make a mini already!

I have an older 940, it is one of the blue anodized models with 154CM blade steel. I enjoy that knife very much but a 3 inch version would end up riding in my pocket much more often than my current 940.

That’s probably what most would call it. Officially, since the Minis are usually 5 digits apart, the 945.

Will the handle be shrunk proportionally if a mini 940 will be manufactured? If so, I can't see the ergo will be anything good. To me, the handle of 940 is the narrowest I am willing to go with.

Will the handle be shrunk proportionally if a mini 940 will be manufactured? If so, I can't see the ergo will be anything good. To me, the handle of 940 is the narrowest I am willing to go with.
I think it'll just be shorter. There may be some other small changes for ergonomic sake in the smaller package, but I doubt it'll be any narrower.

If they do a -1 version with the s90v I might buy one. Will make a nice little gents carry.

A 940 not reduced proportionally across the entire build just shorter ( 3" Blade)

Nah, Benchmade is too busy releasing gems like the 381 Aller Fumee.

Heaven forbid they produce something like a mini 940 that people would actually buy.

hoho-grumpy-cat-no-meme.png

Back