When was the last time your HI piece scared the soul outta ......?

There 's a lot of misunderstanding about firearms, even among law enforcement.

Is that an PKM?

Yes. It's a Hungarian example, but other than the wood type/color it's pretty near identical to a Russian model.

I can only imagine. The other problem I have around here is that I'm Asian. Was driving down to a match with a bag full of fake guns, and a block of fake plastic explosive for one of the matches, got pulled over on the way back because some jerk shot out my tail light (messing around in the parking lot, which is generally a no-no), and very nearly got arrested as a "terrorist." If I'd had a khuk on me, that probably would have tipped the balance. As it was, I got a $200 ticket (doubt it would have been a ticket at all if I hadn't been carrying replica firearms and replica bombs. Can't WAIT to move out of this town.

...As it was, I got a $200 ticket (doubt it would have been a ticket at all if I hadn't been carrying replica firearms and replica bombs. Can't WAIT to move out of this town.

I would have loved to hear that conversation.

"Honestly officer, this isn't a real claymore. Doesn't even hurt when it goes off. Here, hold it and pull this string, you'll see."

There is a vacant bit of land just behind my home that is overgrown with banana trees which serves as my large knife testing ground. With a good chop, a big khukuri goes almost all the way through a mature tree. Decapitations of the smaller trees are easily done. It's a fun workout and the banana trees grow fast and replenish themselves pretty quick. The only bad stuff is that the banana tree sap stains the carbon steel with a dark purplish tinge (maybe not a bad thing if you wanted to "blue" your khuks). One time I was testing a Sher's 18" WWII khukuri one of neighbours (an elderly lady) came over to harvest the bananas and caught sight of me emerging from the brush holding a huge-ass blade and a manic grin from chopping trees to death and startled her some.

The only bad stuff is that the banana tree sap stains the carbon steel with a dark purplish tinge (maybe not a bad thing if you wanted to "blue" your khuks).

IMG_7453.jpg

I get that all the time. Just some generous squeeze of Vim the wok cleaner solution and work your fingers (beware, use a soft scotch brite) around it, rinse with water, wipe it clean and it's Flitz time!
The idea of getting it back to mirror finish ...hm..i kinda like the "war scars" on my blades..
"

I own A few kukri, though non by HI. Some are old, most are newish. As we type, I have numerous cuts to several digits, an consequence of a sharpening spree. Seriously, I bleed as I type. When I have the funds, I should like to burden the HI Kamis to make a blade for me. I note that some posters also have the right to bear arms. If only that were true in my nanny state. Once upon a time , we could possess certain pistols, which are now unlawful to possess. Yet , for decades, I carried a folding knife, and was never challenged, as a knife was " essential for my duties" as a mental health nurse. I probably would have been challenged if I carried an 16 tin chirra! Discretion is the better part of valour. Forgive my rambling post, I am off to change my bandaging.

...the right to bear arms. If only that were true in my nanny state...

It's sad to see that such a self-reliant people as the Aussies have gone this way. I visited Port Arthur in Tasmania a while back, where the tradegy occurred that started Australia down that path. As our own polititians say, they never let a good crisis go to waste.

I get that all the time. Just some generous squeeze of Vim the wok cleaner solution and work your fingers (beware, use a soft scotch brite) around it, rinse with water, wipe it clean and it's Flitz time!
The idea of getting it back to mirror finish ...hm..i kinda like the "war scars" on my blades..
"

Thanks for the tip Jay. I too like my blades to have a bit of "character" about them so I'm not too worried about trying to restore the mirror finish.

Back