When will there be

I actually like the parangatang handle. It works well with the two fingers grip and the snap cut technique.

...a Becker tomahawk or hatchet? Or is this another rookie question like the folder thing?
Yes, it is.

Not that we wouldn't like to see one, but.....

And I'll second (or third or sixth) a parang with one of Ethan's handles. It would blow the doors off that BG parang....and I'd sure like to see it thinner (and wider) than the Parangatang. But that's me. Maybe we can get Jim Bensinger to proto one....

Hmm...i bet there's enough length on the JAB parang to cut a Becker handle into it. The grind may interfere but could be overcome with scale material honed to fit.

But....that would require skill....and work. I've used tbe Parangatang.....still needs to be thinner, IMO.....plus Ethan's handle would be a plus.....IMO.

Hmm...i bet there's enough length on the JAB parang to cut a Becker handle into it. The grind may interfere but could be overcome with scale material honed to fit.

I was thinking about doing just this on the zombie swabbie. Trim off the upper and lower guards and trim the handle as close as is necessary for the Becker group grips. You may have to add a little material to the tang but that would be easy enough. The tip of the blade would need trimmed to more of a parang shape. Easy and that blade is begging for it! Alright I've talked myself into it! Anyone want to trade a BK4 or a BK5 for a swabbie?

Back