where are Spyderco knives made?

SRWeldon

Platinum Member
I've been looking on Spydercos website at their knives and noticed that some of the knives say made in Golden, CO and some dont say anything. Are they all made in the USA or not?

I'm sorry man I didnt see that country of origin tab on their website. My bad.

Depending on the model, they are made in any of the following countries: Japan, Taiwan, USA, China.

Most FRN handle models are made in Japan/Seki City, Most G10/s30v models are made in the US/Golden CO. , China does a few low cost models(8Cr13MoV steel), and Taiwan does a few very high end ones.

And if it matters, my Japan made Delica is one of the best knives I own.

I believe there have been some models produced in Switzerland and Italy, as well.
There are still some being made in Italy, namely the Pingo, Squeak and LionSpy. As for countries that have produced knives for Spyderco, you can add Germany to the list. The original version of the Peter Herbst folder was made there.

There are still some being made in Italy, namely the Pingo, Squeak and LionSpy. As for countries that have produced knives for Spyderco, you can add Germany to the list. The original version of the Peter Herbst folder was made there.
I learn so much from this site :)

I've been looking on Spydercos website at their knives and noticed that some of the knives say made in Golden, CO and some dont say anything.

The Hossom series were made in Italy. I read that on the blades as the knives refuse to say anything. :)

I believe there have been some models produced in Switzerland and Italy, as well.

Years ago Spyderco did a collaboration with the German knife company Boker for the Titanium Peter Herbst model. I think it was the Volpe that was made in Italy and the Original Michael Walker Carbon Fiber model that was made in collaboration with the Swiss company Klotzli. There are a few different Japanese makers that have produced different models for Spyderco. Moki, G-Sakai and Solo are a few that come to mind and most of the Japanese models are of superb quality in my opinion. I've been mainly using some of my Japanese Spyders here of late and they are great models.

The Golden Colorado USA, EArth models are usually made with blade steels of USA steel companies like Crucible, Carpenter ect,. I really love the USA and Japanese models the very best myself.

The only Syderco, that I'm allowed to own, is made in Maniago, Italy. Quality is outstanding!
When travelling, I have handled Spyderco knives from most factories.
I like Golden made knives, but the knives made in for example Taiwan are excellent. I do NOT discriminate.
In a perfect world, I'd EDC a Brad Southard flipper (guess where its made:D).

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

Back