where can buy plastic sheath for my Ontario 18" mchtete ?

Hi you all and OKC.

I saw someone's Ontario 18" machete has a plastic sheath (or scabbard) with , and the guy told me that the sheath is a Military Issue gear , so I felt that the sheath is looks really cool.
And i want to get one for my Ontario 18" machete , do you have any clue on getting the plasic sheath?

thank.

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of said machete? It might help us in helping you.

thank you Ferahgo , Ontario 18" machete i mean.

I find out one on Amazon:

31oPPwoDsXL.jpg

do you guys have exprience on this kind of plastic sheath? pro or cons ? plz put in.
thanks

Last edited:
My Ontario machete has a plastic sheath just like the one pictured above and is quite solid and the belt loop swivels,both the knife and the sheath are very well made and the grip is super comfortable! I like it! :thumbup:
You might google Ontario machete and sheath/holster,should do the trick. ;)

Last edited:
This style sheath became standard issue during Vietnam. Earlier in the war and before that the sheath was more of a rubberized cloth material.
These sheaths are generally pretty good. the pivoting clevis like piece at the throat of the sheath is a built in edge sharpener. Pay attention on how you use it, a lot of people slice themselves badly by being a little too casual. Only other negatives I can think of off hand are, some people find the sheath a little on the heavy side. Also the plastic is known to warp and shrink some from hours in the sun. This can make the machete hard to remove and replace in the sheath.

Here's a picture of a period piece with the two different sheaths.

Vietnam%20machete%20and%20sheaths_zpsg065bdlo.jpg

Closeup of the sharpener.

edge%20sharpener_zpsj34m1oq8.jpg

the markings on the two sheaths.

IMG_0753_zpspdimfe3o.jpg
VIZ%20sheath_zps3lhb3tlu.jpg

Marking on the machete, it is an Ontario.

Ontario%20tang%20stamp%20Vietnam%20machete_zpsrlpixfva.jpg

This style sheath became standard issue during Vietnam. Earlier in the war and before that the sheath was more of a rubberized cloth material.
These sheaths are generally pretty good. the pivoting clevis like piece at the throat of the sheath is a built in edge sharpener. Pay attention on how you use it, a lot of people slice themselves badly by being a little too casual. Only other negatives I can think of off hand are, some people find the sheath a little on the heavy side. Also the plastic is known to warp and shrink some from hours in the sun. This can make the machete hard to remove and replace in the sheath.

Here's a picture of a period piece with the two different sheaths.

Vietnam%20machete%20and%20sheaths_zpsg065bdlo.jpg

Closeup of the sharpener.

edge%20sharpener_zpsj34m1oq8.jpg

the markings on the two sheaths.

IMG_0753_zpspdimfe3o.jpg
VIZ%20sheath_zps3lhb3tlu.jpg

Marking on the machete, it is an Ontario.

Ontario%20tang%20stamp%20Vietnam%20machete_zpsrlpixfva.jpg

Thanks for the pics and info sac troop :thumbup:

The only negative to the sheath is what I'm sure you've already noticed. It's meant to go through the holes on a older military pistol belt or on the loop of the old ALICE pack. When MOLLE came out, no more pistol belt, and the MOLLE rucks don't have the large loops with eyelets either.

Yes, sorry I did just resurrect an old dead thread. I was searching for something saw this, and forgot I'd been doing a search and thought it was a new one.

Old thread, I know. Maybe it will help someone else.

Back