• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Where can I buy knives with paypal

Was under the impression I could on knife center but I guess not. Trying to buy cold steel CS13RTKJ1 tanto fixed blade.

Knifeworks.com accepts Paypal and sells that knife. They are also a BF member dealer.

Though you do have to follow a specific process with them to use Paypal. They document it here: http://www.knifeworks.com/shipping-policy.aspx

Many knife dealers don't use PayPal because PayPal seems to have some restrictions as to what type of knives you can buy through them (usually automatics), so rather than deal with the hassles of having a subset of their inventory that can be bought with PayPal and a different set that can't, they just don't use PayPal.

Last edited:
Knifeworks.com accepts Paypal and sells that knife. They are also a BF member dealer.

At checkout it only lets me use other payment options.

If i buy it from the dealer on here is it discounted or same as online?

I don't know about the OP, but I like to use PP because it is convenient and I don't have to create a new account or re-enter my shipping and credit card info every time I want to make a purchase with a new vendor.

I like to use PayPal because every time I use my actual credit card on-line with a different vendor, that is just one more potential risk of it getting compromised. I have no way of knowing whether any particular retailer has strong or weak security measures for processing credit card information.

Also, with PayPal, I can have the funds come directly out of my bank account, rather than going onto my credit card, so it works like a digital check and doesn't add to my credit card balance (if I choose to carry a balance).

Knives Ship Free let's you buy knives with PayPal. The advantage to me for buying knives with PayPal is then I only have to enter my debit card info with PayPal and not at each individual retailer. Slightly less chance of getting hacked and having your finances compromised.

But they don't sell that Cold Steel tanto the OP wants to buy.

But they don't sell that Cold Steel tanto the OP wants to buy.

Ooops, sorry. Missed that part of the first post.

OP, why not just buy it off of eBay? I hate suggesting eBay for a knife purchase but I see at least one retailer selling it that I trust to not sell counterfeits. I don't think this particular knife is the object of much cloning anyway.

Perhaps he is trying to support Bladeforums sponsoring dealers?

I don't know about the OP, but I like to use PP because it is convenient and I don't have to create a new account or re-enter my shipping and credit card info every time I want to make a purchase with a new vendor.

I like to use PayPal because every time I use my actual credit card on-line with a different vendor, that is just one more potential risk of it getting compromised. I have no way of knowing whether any particular retailer has strong or weak security measures for processing credit card information.

Also, with PayPal, I can have the funds come directly out of my bank account, rather than going onto my credit card, so it works like a digital check and doesn't add to my credit card balance (if I choose to carry a balance).

These are good reasons for using PayPal. But I don't like having something debited from a "mail order" source directly from my bank account. I don't look carefully at my bank account balance or the details other than about every few months, sometimes six months. I have discovered debits happening that I didn't know were authorized and it is very hard to stop them once they start. There are at least some protections with credit cards.

Get a PayPal debit card and you can use it anywhere a credit card is accepted

It's always nice to find a site that accepts Paypal. I sell/buy knives on here and sometimes will just leave the money in my Paypal account from a previous sale if I know I will purchase another knife soon. Usually that means just buying a used on on here since Paypal is the main payment method on these and most forums, but always nice to see the option on a retailers site.

Plus it helps keeps your "play" money in a separate account.

DLT Trading RussianKnives and Lamnia take paypal.

Last edited:
I recommend what I do. Get the Paypal debit mastercard. You can then use the card to purchase anywhere, and it pulls funds straight out of your paypal balance.

I recommend what I do. Get the Paypal debit mastercard. You can then use the card to purchase anywhere, and it pulls funds straight out of your paypal balance.

+1

Mine is also a cash back bonus card so I get 1% back on what I buy. I mostly use my PayPal account to buy and sell knives so the cash back isn't huge but it's usually enough to pay for a lunch or two a month.

I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Best place to buy knives via PayPal?

Here on BladeForums Exchange-- OF COURSE!!!

Seriously, this place is packed with FIRST RATE SELLERS :thumbup::):thumbup:

Back