Where can I buy warwood?

I'm running low and it looks like Jephco shut down or something. Does anyone else sell it? I just spent a couple hours on google with no luck.

Jephco was the only place that I have ever seen "warwood" but I think that name was just what they called the product. It probably is called something else but I have no clue what that might be.

Warwood is a vegetable base resin impregnated laminate similar to the wood Micarta. It was made by Jephco, which is now defunct.

Linen micarta would be a suitable alternate.

There was something that sounds similar being made in Ferndale WA if I remember correctly. It was wood impregnated with dye and something like cornstarch marketed as a green specialty item. I found it at Windsor Plywood around 5 years ago.

You might try "DymondWood" from Jantz Supply...it's marketed as resin impregnated wood laminate.

If I remember correctly the Jephco site claimed it was developed for military use. Armor for vehicles, hence the name "warwood" and it was a natural corn based product.

This stuff sounds exactly like the product that I mentioned above so I called up the store I saw it in. The guy said theirs was called Alowood and the company went under several years ago. If they are the same thing that might be why you can't find it anywhere.

Warwood was only available from Jephco and yes, Jeff seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Warwood is nothing like linen micarta, dymond wood or the other items mentioned. The closest item I can find is sold by Masecraft called Richlite. The only way I can tell them apart is the odor when grinding. Richlite is made from recycled ground paper instead of corn. It's foodsafe (same stuff as Epicurean cutting boards) impervious to liquids and finishes very nicely. It's also very tough (they also use it as skateboard ramp sheeting). I still have a little warwood left, but have switched to Richlite because it's available in more colors and I can still get it.

The closest item I can find is sold by Masecraft called Richlite.
Thank you sir! That stuff is great looking! The natural tones and environmental friendliness are perfect for a large recurring order I have. Just stocked up!

+1 on J. Hoffman's comments. Warwood to me was as little hard to finish. Richlite was easier for me but you need fresh belts as it will burn. Masecraft has about 4-5 different colors now. I only bought the maple valley and black ??

Back