where can I find 1095?

hi guys? I have looked all over the Internet and can't find what I'm looking for, apparently I don't know how to search for things. What I'm looking for is a site that sells 1095 that will allow you to choose the thickness the length and the width. specifically 3/16 inch bye three or 4 inch wide 12 to 15 inch or 24 inch long

Thanks, it looks like a great site however they were out of stock on the piece I was looking for

Alpha Knife Supply may be able to get you the width you're looking for. They have some .196" that's about 2.3" wide, or there's just over 5" wide.

I'm sure you can call Aldo (NJ Steel Baron) or you can email/call AKS. I've emailed AKS before about getting a specific piece they didn't have in stock and they were great.

Finding knife steel in that width is hard, luck of draw. I was making wide cleavers and lucked out in some 5160 locally.

Why do you want 1095? Odds are you would be better off with 1084 at this point in your development. 1095 is extremely difficult to properly HT.
You're 100% right, but you know it can work if he is sufficiently tricked like I was when I started. I was told 1095 is a beginner steel. So I just thought I sucked at controlling the forge temp for the first few months. Then by the time I figured out I was lied to, I already learned how to heat treat and hold steels at soak temp by eye and colour change.
Wasted tons of steel but I'm glad I learned the hard way.

Back